Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone; Is it any good?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Exactly what the title says, it looks like The Two Towers on steroids and the characters look awesome, and the ratings have been good, but is it good? Because I might buy it.

There is only one way to package shaolin: Shaolin Soccer...
Douglass
Years of Service
User Offline
yeah i heard about that gmae. i hear you get to kill things in it. might be good if your into that sort of think...

Wiggett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2004 18:25
is it real time battle or is it squad battle via ff style system, cause im pretty sure you control all three characters. btu i haven't seen much other than a trailer etc.

Preston C
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2004 22:34
You can use Drizzt Do'Urden for a small part of the game at Mithril Hall. If that doesn't scream "Great Game" I don't know what will.

But, to be fair (and a non fanatic when it comes to R.A. Salvatores works) OPM did say it got repetitive after a while, with all of the repeated cut scenes and what not. But I'm still getting it, along with that "ball roll all over everything to make new stars" game (forgot its name, and I'd like to not memorize it).

Cheers,
Preston

Intel Celeron 1.3 Ghrz 512 MB Ram nVidia GeForce FX 5200 128MB
Prayne de crabug ahm rinedere be-yogt iglo kes gron
Wiggett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2004 22:39
oh it's based on a salvatore story? cool, im nearly finished the lone drow, book 2 in hunter's blade trilogy, took me like 8 months or so to finish book 1 cause i didnt read it often, then when i got sick i finished it, then bought the lone drow and nearly finished it after what, a week :/

Preston C
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2004 22:46 Edited at: 16th Oct 2004 22:47
Quote: " oh it's based on a salvatore story? "

R.A. Salvatore wrote the story for the game. Its all knew, but I'm guessing it ties in with his next book, The Two Blades, because of the Drizzt at Mithril Hall scene. Can't wait to get it, and neither can my friends (I let them borrow my Icewind Dale Trilogy book and they're hooked now).

Cheers,
Preston

Wiggett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2004 22:57
yeah hell off good this hunter's blade trilogy, says the two swords be book 3 in this trilogy i reading. i thought the first was a lil dull to start, btu after i got into it i was like wow interesting, and it helped with a few visual ideas for my hq game, but this book 2 is piecing me off, cause it's like oh wait spoilers, don't read the code box if u dont want it spoiled.

well if anyone read that you prolly wont understand it unless you've read some or all of the trilogy so far. and if u have only read some, sucked in for spoiling it.

Preston C
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2004 23:13
Spoilers:

Cheers,
Preston

[PS]

Wiggett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2004 23:21
ok im gonna read the rest of the book before i read more than the yeah he returns bit of your post.

Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
I've read Sea of Swords, great book, tried to order The IceWind Dale Trilogy for my pbulice library but that never got any where, I heard that you could play as Drizzt, and yeah that is a bonus, but you can play as Drizzt in Baldur's Gate so it's not that big a deal, really I want to know is if the combat is more advancded then the one in the Two Towers.

There is only one way to package shaolin: Shaolin Soccer...
Wiggett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2004 00:43 Edited at: 17th Oct 2004 00:54
response to the first code

and the second.

and yeah you can play as drizzt in pretty much all the baldur's gate games, dark alliance 1 n 2 and baldur's gate the pc game.

[edit] just did a search for the two swords book, apparently it had some e-signing on some site and it said they will be released october 19th, seeing as weiners of teh coast don't have anything more detailed than october 2004 im assuming it come sout on teh 19th, or hopefully is already out cause i wanna read.

[2ndedit] yeah just looked at salvatore's site and he is signign the book on teh 19th onwards at different spots, so i'm assuming a us release of 19th, not sure about world release. hope its not too far off for Australia

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 20:29:20
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 20:29:20