Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Quake IV

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I just got a new copy of PCGamer and I must say I am just totally amazed; there in the cover is a picture of Quake IV. I opened up the magazine and it is truly incredible.
MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2004 11:05
Yes Quake IV looks amazing, I was quite surprised myself. Might be a little bit of a disappointment that they're going for a more single player type game though for some. Hopefully we hear even more soon!

A book? I hate book. Book is stupid.
(Formerly known as Yellow)
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2004 11:20
Huh... I read the whole article at the bookstore and frankly was quite dissapointed. If id was making it I would have expected this, but Raven usually does higher quality stuff. There was a lot of rhetoric and the usual honey-coated preview crap, but what it boiled down to was that there would be absolutely nothing innovative about this-- just a lot of the same combat-oriented, vehicle-enabled sci-fi combat we've seen so much of since Halo. The graphics were also bad. In one particular shot, a Strogg's right shoulder was wonderfully normal mapped... but the outline of the polygon was a sharper corner than you got in Quake 1. Ugly.

I'll take Oblivion as my next gen game... though to be honest, I was a bit let down by that article to... what is the world coming to

"I don't think anybody likes you..."
"I like me..."
Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, Oblivion could be worse but hey, Bethesda left it to Game Informer, and I can't say there articles are good they should've given it to Computer Gaming World and EGM.

There is only one way to package shaolin: Shaolin Soccer...
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2004 12:13
I shouldn't have brought another game up-- don't want to hijack the thread here ...

(Anyone else think the Stroggs looked deeply weird in the shots btw? Palid, skinny, cyborg humans with red eyes... err... ooookay)

"I like me..."
Eric T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2004 12:19 Edited at: 17th Oct 2004 12:19
As for Quake 4, sounds generic and boring. I say good day sir.

Sorry to Hijack this thread also but:

Quote: "Well, Oblivion could be worse but hey, Bethesda left it to Game Informer, and I can't say there articles are good they should've given it to Computer Gaming World and EGM."

Well seeing as both of them are Biased to the uber 1337 max, i wouldn't of let them even see it. Knowing them, they would jumped and stole the Xenon sitting in the room.

Besides that fact, I have liked most of Game Informers Writing and reviews (with the exception of Lisa and Reiner, they can rot in hell for all i care).

Major Payn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2004 12:25
After Doom 3, Quake IV just seems very unimpressive, the graphics actually look worse than Doom 3 because they lowered the ammount of shadows, so yeah it's not very impressive in it's current state.

Guns arnt the problem, people are the problems, shoot all the people and guns arnt a problems anymore.
Wiggett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2004 12:46
cause of course graphics is what it's all about....

Major Payn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2004 12:51
exactly lol

Guns arnt the problem, people are the problems, shoot all the people and guns arnt a problems anymore.
Dave J
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2004 13:30
World Exclusive? Yeah, right! Australia's PC Powerplay featured a Quake 4 preview and full interview last month.

"Computers are useless they can only give you answers."
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2004 14:00
But it's the world exclusive PC Gamer article ... exclusive to PC Gamer that is.

"I like me..."

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 20:14:26
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 20:14:26