Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Too much animation

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2004 01:05
Right for some odd reason i dunno why but i've put in commands attached to the direction keys to move and animate a character HOWEVER i have discovered that pressing ANY other key ALSO animates the character without the movement... i'm not sure why this is happening snd i have a command in that if no keys are pressed the animation return to frame 0 otherwise it keeps moving when no buttons are pressed!! god i'm so useless please help

I can see from your smile, you're not here for the sunset.
RalphY
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2004 02:03
Hi,
It could be that you are looping the object but at no point telling it to stop, this means that in your code that tells it to reset to frame 0, it does indeed do this, however when you press a key it wont be reset to 0 and so the animation will play. Try adding a Stop Object 1 command to your code that runs when no key is pressed.

Hope this helps.
Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2004 05:35
Indeed if keys other than the arrow keys make it animate there is something else in your code causing it. If you need more help you might want to post any of the code that has to do with object animation, post the whole code, or e-mail it to someone for help.

Levanthus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2004 18:33
Ralphy Thank you very much, god i feel so stupid such a SIMPLE little thing like that i can't believe i didn't even think of it!! but then this is the first time i have used animation in anything on DBC again thankyou very much.... problem solved!

I can see from your smile, you're not here for the sunset.
RalphY
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2004 19:35
np, glad I could help

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 02:29:54
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 02:29:54