Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Making an Application possible?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2004 00:43
I was wondering, I know the potential possibilities of DarkBasic Pro, but I was wondering I was going to use it to write an application to use, and I can't seem to find how to set up a small windowed window, on my windows desktop (far too many window words there), it is possible?

Don't jump, if you do you will only fall, and hurt yourself
Mx5 kris
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes. Just go to settings and put full windowed. Hope I helped.

Ummm....is db good....
Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2004 03:49
Yes it is possible. Even more so if you get Blue GUI Plugin.

100% Pure Dave
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2004 11:58
Definitely possible, but not worth trying.

Dont get me wrong, i love DBP for it making it posible to code some cool 2D + 3D games etc, but for desktop appilcations that are not games/entertainment i would not use it.

The reason is one that stems from experience, i developed a desktop application which was a form of reference software using DBP. the program worked perfectly fine, but only for some of the users.

Now games players tend to keep up-to-date with drivers and direct-x etc. but all the people that had problems werent games players and couldnt run the software, or even after i told them to update direct x and their video drivers, they still had problems because they had old cruddy display cards that werent exactly DX9 compatible and didnt have new drivers available etc blah de blah blah!

You see my point? Gamers keep up to date with hardware and drivers, Non-Gamers dont. So if you want to write an application that has nothing to do with games and you want the widest possible audience of users then write it in something else.

I had to do this, it was that or demand everybody update their hardware and drivers, just to use a 'windows' app.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 03:20:22
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 03:20:22