Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
hi iv just started a text rpg im stick of strugling to get media for 3d games and i dont realy know 2d so i thought id try a good text rpg with save feature,spells quests, stuff like that maby even a picture of where u are im off school in a week so i hope to have a test soon would any one be intrested in seeing it? just wanted to know if people still like text rpgs and when its done i might try a 2d version maby. plz give me your thoughts

every thing that has a begining has an end
Dot Merix
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2004 02:16
Some text adventures can be fun.

What i wouldnt mind seeing using darkbasic pro is something like..

Text game with 2 person multiplayer support.. or 2d game with 2 person multiplayer support.

I think there just arent any darkbasic games that are multiplayer supportive with a storyline style of game.

WindowsXP Home(Service pack 2), Athlon XP 2400+(2.1Ghz), 1GIG Ram, Ati Radeon 9800Pro 128MB.
redeye
Years of Service
User Offline
you mean like across the internet or lan multiplayer

peterjack
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, I surely want to take a look at it, if you will go to release it. I already played some old good text adventures (planetfall, zork, The Hobbit) and enjoyed them much. But I think the programming of a text rpg isn't so easy, there is the question of the text parsing engine, for example, which made me quit trying making one some years ago, because of the complexity of the task (even one of those simple two-word parsers are complex). But if you go to do it, I want to take the first copy! And if you think I can help you in some way, just mail me ( peterjack@zipmail.com.br ). I'm a newcomer to DarkBasic, but not to the Basic language because I already used other language versions before.
redeye
Years of Service
User Offline
sorry its been so long i dont know if any one wil read this but im realy bog down with test and coursework so my project is on hold and when i get time im just going to to work on skills like modeling and fps games but its not totaly called off the story still remains and i might one day atempt it in 3d or finish the 2d version who knows what the future hold good bye for now!!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 05:22:09
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 05:22:09