Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / FTP help

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2004 20:14
ARG! Actually I'm really not that mad this time so I won't vent much. I've been messing with my brand spankin (and shiney I might add) web site and was thinking it would be kinda nice to add a spot for public space. Canaca is my website provider and they have help on all this but it doesn't seem to work, thus I must be missing something.

I'm trying to simply call an ftp like so:
ftp://myadminname:mytopsecretpwd@wendigosoft.com

it works, but it throws me in the home/website_html (or something like that) directory automatically. problem is I want in a sub domain that is at var/www/public. I tried CuteFTP and it worked allowing me all the way to my website's root, but I know there has got to be a command line I can use in Windows Explorer. Maybe some of you who might also have Canaca know what I'm getting at here, or maybe it's simpler than that. Web admin isn't my true calling in life . Thanks!

Home of DOOP, Strata Works, and Height

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 20:30:15
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 20:30:15