Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Off-topic Forums are Useless!!!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2003 18:47
please note: this is no flame bait

....what the hell do we use the Off-topic forums for??

its pointless and stupid, it only throws us off programming, i think you'll find that most peopel here spend so much time on here that no programming gets done at all... its all jolly and good to find out what your friend Hans in germany eats for breakfast but what has that to do with programming???

I know that Off-topic forums are quite popular but when you get more posts in offtopic than the main forums youve got a problem on your hands.

i dont deny using them myself, but i dont post up subjects like..."how big is your nose?" or "I HATE YOU ALL!". Off topic forums are the lowest point in this community(and most other communities), theres no denying it, and i challenge anyone to prove me wrong on that subject...

off topic forums are also the base of which rivalry between other communities are formed...eg. RGT/DBPro, its there... everyone knows it. im not saying DBS should close it off, mainly becuase theyd think i was crazy and not pay any attention, but i think we should all rethink our use of these forums and see what it is we are doing in them, should we be programming our games and finally finish them or waste our time in the off-topic section and let our games rot.

ive seen some pretty wild threads in this forum lately and im not trying to casue a flame bait, i jsut hope we all clean up our act and being to use our most sacred gift....our brains

seeya
InSiDeR
Visit the NEW DBPlanet, Click Here
"...Yay i got one strap loose..."
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2003 19:12
some members here are only here for the community and not really for programming or such...
So here is is good place to post about problems and such for other languages and things.
And there are some constructive fun posts about.

But as of late they have been abused a lil (^_^)
growning tensions and emotions over certain subjects i guess... would be nice to see the Off-Topic go back to some kind of normal, but somehow i feel it isn't going to without RGT style moderation.

which would be a great shame due as this forums original atmosphere was about having more freedom.

Anata aru kowagaru no watashi!
Megaman X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2003 19:15
I agree it's useless... We could have a general talk instead once it's related to computers and programming. Subjects as "What do u look like", "What did u do last summer" ends in flamebaits... I totally agree . This is a programming forum after all... If u wanna chat maybe it's better to go into MSN chat and other things, or even try to find a random parthner on ICQ I met my wife like this

--Ryu :-]
Martyn Pittuck
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2003 21:29
Noooo,

I like to know what people got for christmas, what people look like and what is on TV.

Nooooooo

The Outside is a evil place to be, too much light, too much noise and too many distractions....
I went outside once and my FPS rate dropped to 5.
Megaman X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2003 21:36
Ok, then we should have an Off Topic for those useless things and a General Talk to talk about anything computer related .

"You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance"
--Ryu
Megaman X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2003 21:36
Just like in BlitzCoder.com I think

"You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance"
--Ryu
denki
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2003 23:04
Easy solution. Dont visit it.
I can totally see where you're coming from, but I enjoy visiting these parts easily as much/more as the others... You gotta have a break from programming
Although I dont do much

denki
Kousen DPB RPG latest - Working on editors!
http://dblow.34sp.com/kousen
Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2003 07:50
o_O i uh only hang around in the general forums... ^_^ its where i belong... because everything i say usually goes off-topic...

AMD Athlon XP 2100+ OC to 3Ghz/1.5gigs ram/128mb ti4200/120gigs hd/19" monitor/Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum EX/3072kbs Sat Con... I joined in!
InSiDeR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2003 08:18
well that went better than expected...o_O

InSiDeR
eightfoot514
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2003 08:24
yeah...someone from rgt once said: "i spend more time in the forums than i do programming"
InSiDeR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2003 12:51
well its true and its all becuase of this forum, the off-topic and its useless posts....jsut like this one

....im such a hypocrite
lol

InSiDeR
Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2003 13:06
^_^ but we all love you insider... (in a non-homo erotic sort of way)

AMD Athlon XP 2100+ OC to 3Ghz/1.5gigs ram/128mb ti4200/120gigs hd/19" monitor/Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum EX/3072kbs Sat Con... I joined in!
InSiDeR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2003 02:17
o_O ...dont talk to me...

InSiDeR
bitJericho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2003 06:01
lol...

InSiDeR, it was cuz of my poem wasnt it?
Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2003 07:06
awwww insider... what did i do...

InSiDeR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2003 10:01
jerico: yes....yes it was

lol

DarthPuff: what didnt you do....

InSiDeR
Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2003 04:42
O_O everything...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 00:41:46
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 00:41:46