Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Just got back

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2004 16:21
From GameRiot.
SpikeTV's been hosting this thing called GameRiot across a bunch of states and it was at the AZ State Fair this week so I went, got the limited all day pass, and went nuts.

We picked up like 300 blockbuster coupons, 30 copies of America's Army on disk, some magazines (comic books and MAD), and a few coupons for free shipping on alienware.

There were some 25 odd Alienware Auroras there. I would've checked out the specs, but they had the OS locked (no right click, no taskbar, just desktop icons). They had Painkiller, Doom 3 (that's the only game I've ever seen lock up an Alienware, of course that's when I set it to Ultra Quality), America's Army, Battlefield Vietnam, some new Harry Potter game, Sid Meier's Pirates, FarCry, UT 2004, and probably some others I missed.

They also had a ton of Xboxes. Available was Chronicles of Riddick, Halo, Rainbow Six 3 Black Arrow, mp3 mixer (I forget exactly what it's called--it broke before I could check it out), Mech Assault 2, Red Ninja: End of Honor, Kameo: Elements of Power, Shrek 2, a new Crash Bandicoot game, and they had Jade Empire up for a bit but again broke (or they shut it down to make me mad) before I could even look at it.

They had tournaments for Halo, the new EA sports NFL 2005, Soul Calibur 2, and Tony Hawk Underground. If you placed second you got Blockbuster gift cards and a free Xbox controller and a picture with the GameRiot girls (hot guys, hot), if you placed first you got your pick of an Xbox game along with the Blockbuster stuff and picture with the girls.

Metal and some other not as cool music was pumping in the background the whole time. It was awesome. If the tour comes by where you guys live spend the $15 and go spend the day there. w00t

Crazy Donut Productions, Current Project: Project Starbuks
Sony stole our name!
Killswitch
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2004 19:28
That sounds geat! No chance of a UK event is there?

~It's a common mistake to make, the rules of the English langauge do not apply to insanity~
TKF15H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2004 08:05
What about in Brazil?

Neofish
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2004 08:17
lol, i want one

[center]:: Life is a box-plot :: Want Gmail? Email me ::
[center]
BearCDPOLD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2004 17:00
Sorry for not replying guys, all day marching band gig (10 to 10 ), but we basically won the whole competition with a Super, caption for musical performance, caption for visuals, caption for auxiliary, caption for percussion, and caption for colorguard. w00t

I think they've finished it up in AZ this year, at least that's what I read from Gameriot.com. It was hosted by SpikeTV and Microsoft, and even though only us plus a few bought all day passes tons of people were cycling in and out making them mula. They'd be wise to move it offshore.

Crazy Donut Productions, Current Project: Project Starbuks
Sony stole our name!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 20:11:35
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 20:11:35