Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Well GTA:SA comes out next week, whats your thoughts?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2004 04:56
I for one think this is going to be the best game every created, it will be absolutely huge in scope and depth, it will have everything I have always dreamed about in a game. Heck it even lets you date chicks, customize cars, base jump off building and airplanes, oh and it has a stradegy element that centeres around turf you have to capture. This is going to be the pentacle of gaming bliss, the cream of the crop, the big one, the huge one, the best one!

Guns arnt the problem, people are the problems, shoot all the people and guns arnt a problems anymore.
Osiris
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2004 05:30
it comes out in two days

anyone can be a hero, but a soldier can be a hero five minuets longer....
Ilya
Years of Service
User Offline
...I can't buy it.
(Doesn't seem that great though)

The default editor is fine.

Quote: "I've seen the word programming and I'm not sure what it means. Anybody please explain?"
Osiris
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2004 05:33
why not

anyone can be a hero, but a soldier can be a hero five minuets longer....
Ilya
Years of Service
User Offline
It's GTAVC and GTA3 with added features and in a new place.

The default editor is fine.

Quote: "I've seen the word programming and I'm not sure what it means. Anybody please explain?"
Killswitch
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2004 05:50
Yeah...as are most sequals. And besides there is a whole load of added stuff!!!!!

~It's a common mistake to make, the rules of the English langauge do not apply to insanity~
Eric T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2004 06:06
Already have it reserved and paid for.

3 citys, you can break into houses, you have to eat and exercise, you can swim now. Hell, its like a gangster version of the sims.

Zero Blitzt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2004 06:12
Meh, I don't have PS2 and I don't plan on getting it for the PC.

Come to #coding. We promise we wont kick you!
DISCLAIMER: Promises may not actually be upheld.
BealziBob
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2004 07:07 Edited at: 24th Oct 2004 07:08
I liked GTA III and GTA Vice City for about a month. I found both games got very old very fast. Probably the freefrom nature of the game that's to blame. Sure the are loads of little secrets and tricks to find, but there are only so many insane jumps and killing sprees you can go on before boredom sets in. I did manage to finish GTA III, but with GTA VC, after the wow factor wore off, I found it too much like GTA III and gave up half way through.

GTA SA looks like there are a lot more role-play elements involved, making for a greater feeling of progression, but I wonder how much this will add to what is essentially the same game.

Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2004 14:03
Quote: "This is going to be the pentacle of gaming bliss, the cream of the crop, the big one, the huge one, the best one!"

WTF?

My thoughts: "Whatever." I have to agree with previous posters that it's just another cash in on the GTA franchise. Maybe good. Maybe bad. Not my kind of game. But freeform is good, so that's a plus .

Preparing for a month of insanity, inspiration and insight... again!
Killswitch
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2004 06:48
Maybe it is another cash in, but you can't deny that the GTA games are a hell of a lot of fun, even if the novelty does eventually wear out. Which does make them worth the buy, and if your a completist thetre is a a hell of alot to keep you playing.

~It's a common mistake to make, the rules of the English langauge do not apply to insanity~
XdFZero
Years of Service
User Offline
When Grand Theft Auto 3 came out, I said, wow the best game ever....months later I was playing a better game.

When GTA:VC came out, I said, Wow this is the ultimate game, I will not play anything else ever again...turns out im playing Unreal tournement instead, and I still do play that lovly game (Untill you meet up with someone harder than you or have cheated)

So, my thoughts on this next game, yeah, I think it will have some great new features, but in reality, no I wont be buying anymore!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 22:15:15
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 22:15:15