Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / How do I import an animated model from Dark Matter into DBPro ...3DS to .X animation

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2004 12:32
Hi Folks,

I\'m trying to use an animated Dark Matter model within DBPro. The model is only in .3DS format (demo version of Dark Matter).....so I assume I must convert it to .x format? To do this, I imported the model (which definately has an animation) into MilkShape...but when I try and play the animation within MilkShape nothing happens. What do I have to do? Thanks.
Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2004 13:10 Edited at: 24th Oct 2004 13:12
You might want to try the .dbo converter. I don't know if it works on animated models or not though.
[edit] Link is here.
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=22599&b=5

Heckno
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2004 17:41
can you redo the animation in Milkshap? If so, logic would have me believe the program doing the final conversion (exporting) would best support it's own animation properties.

I use another program other than yours, that when converting I know it does not retain animation, fortunately for me I am not at that level yet, however I am bit curious to find what others have to say....

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 03:17:30
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 03:17:30