Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / please set my expectations

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2004 17:11
Hi Folks,

Do most of you texture and animate your objects within your 3D programs then import the textured/animated object into DBPro and have it work? I have yet to be sucessful with either using TrueSpace 5.2. Am I expecting too much? Thanks.

Don Wile
Karl Lopez
Years of Service
User Offline
No, I don't think you are!

Why? What makes you say that?

Where is the 99th Galaxy?
www.freewebs.com/the_99th_galaxy
thedubdude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2004 11:51
So if my expectations are correct....please enlighten me as to the tools people are using that allow them to import fully textured and animated models into Dark Basic Pro. What animation software was used? What other tools are used? Thanks.
Baggers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2004 02:53 Edited at: 26th Oct 2004 02:53
Yo Dubdude, Just to start off with a wine..please, please look at the forums before posting.
On a lighter note here are the peoples favourites as far as modelers are concerned.
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=25468&b=3
Myself ive never had any problems with milkshape, but then again i cant model for toffee so i stick to coding

Good Luck
Baggers
thedubdude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2004 06:42
Actually, I wasn't whining, though I can see how it might have seemed that way. Its still not clear to me (after reading the posts) that people texture and animate their models in some 3'rd party 3D program and then flawlessly import the textured animated model into DBPro. While I've been able to import an animated model into DBPro, I've yet to be able to import one that is textured. Is anyone sucessful at this? Thanks.
Baggers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2004 09:50
Woe dude im sorry, i must of worded my reply wrong, i meant to say i was going to start with a whine, hence "please please look at...etc"

Now humbly put back in my place, I continue.
Ive managed to do this with relative success, for which i use milkshape and export my models in the '.x' format, i tend to get the results of I see in milkshape but then i havnt done animating with it (due to my inability to model well !)
Hopefully others will see this and voice their experience.

Good Luck anyway
Baggers

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 03:21:59
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 03:21:59