Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / I am not ammused (Email)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2004 04:10
As I have only given this particular email addr out to people on this forum and nowhere else, I would like to advise everyone to be careful with the email addr locutus@wanadoo.nl. I recently received an Email from this person which norton scanned and found a virus. The reason I post is because that email sound familiar for some reason. As I stated in the title, I am not ammused. Be careful!

Home of DOOP, Strata Works, and Height
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2004 04:59
Keep in mind it may well not be the sender's fault, probably isn't actually. Most virii hijack address books and propogate themselves through given addresses without the user even knowing their computer is hijacked .

Preparing for a month of insanity, inspiration and insight... again!
Jess T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2004 19:24
Also, when you said;
Quote: " As I have only given this particular email addr out to people on this forum and nowhere else"

Don't forget that the 'email' link in your profile bar ( below each of your posts ) have a "Mailto" link, so spiders can trawl the net and pick that up.

Jess.

Team EOD :: Programmer/All-Round Nice Guy
Aust. Convention!
The Wendigo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2004 16:09
Arg, that is annoying. Well, just be careful with that sender. I actually heard after posting this that the email that sent me the virus is very common to see. I guess it was on the news or something. Oh well. Least I didn't open it!

Home of DOOP, Strata Works, and Height

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 22:27:34
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 22:27:34