Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / What do YOU want to see in these forums?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2003 06:47
They really could be improved:
A who's online page, where you can view each member that's online and what part of the board they are in/doing. It's fun and not really privacy invading.

An edit option..duh..

Some indication of which posts you have replied to. I hate having to remember which threads I written in. Other boards use indications like a dot over the icon if you have replied to the thread, so you can easier find your own topic. It's super useful.

Annnnnd posts that go more than one page should be better accessable. The best way is to make small numbers after the post name so you can jump to whatever page you want right from the message lits. Like
"Bob likes stuff" (pages 1,2,3...13) is how it would be set up, numbers links.

and fix the picture code or something...that's always crazy.
Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2003 07:26
Some indication of which posts you have replied to. I hate having to remember which threads I written in. Other boards use indications like a dot over the icon if you have replied to the thread, so you can easier find your own topic. It's super useful.

i agree with all of that but this one... i think when you reply it goes bold when someone else replys and rich might not have that much time on his hands...

AMD Athlon XP 2100+ OC to 3Ghz/1.5gigs ram/128mb ti4200/120gigs hd/19" monitor/Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum EX/3072kbs Sat Con... I joined in!
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2003 02:41
Um it DOES? In IE6 for me, posts I have posted in and have been replied to appear in bold. Kinda like Puff said

* If the apocalypse comes, email me *
QuothTheRaven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2003 03:11
it seems random to me...some are bold some aren't, and I have not replied and replied in some of them.
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2003 03:19
Sorry I meant its ones you have VIEWD before not replied to. Late nights catchin up

Always meant to ask Quoth, whos your avatar? Looks kinda Peanuts inspired?

QuothTheRaven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2003 03:24
holy crap...it's CALVIN! from Calvin and Hobbes! The comic strip! The greatest comic writer ever! By Bill Watterson! Retired so long ago. About a story of a kid and his stuffed tiger as they terrorize the neighborhood with hilarious results
Epidemicz
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm sure someone has said it(didn't read all post) but.......a GOD FORSAKEN SEARCH BUTTON~~~~~~~~!!!!!!!!!

I am the very disease you pretend to be.
Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2003 07:19
yeh search would be very nice...

AMD Athlon XP 2100+ OC to 3Ghz/1.5gigs ram/128mb ti4200/120gigs hd/19" monitor/Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum EX/3072kbs Sat Con... I joined in!
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2003 08:38
AAAhhh Ok sorry, guess I missed out on that - Maybe it was never released in the UK? I'm quite a big fan of our newspaper cartoons, most of which are US, EG Peanuts, Perishers, Garfield, Marmaduke etc. I have heard of C&H, just can't say I've read it

Martyn Pittuck
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2003 10:14
ehhem

I have been talking to Rich and there will indeed be Edit, Search buttons and the Post buttons things will be sorted out.

But after he has got back into the work routine...

The Outside is a evil place to be, too much light, too much noise and too many distractions....
I went outside once and my FPS rate dropped to 5.
MrTAToad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2003 13:20
I know something that there should be more of...

ME!

Good news everyone! I really am THAT good...
http://www.nickk.nildram.co.uk/ for great plug-ins - oh my, yes!
Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2003 04:39
mp... do it on his time schedule and no one elses...

Martyn Pittuck
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2003 10:22
Well hopefully i will get a cross platform JAVA script made up to allow all of ya to use the buttons.

You do know you can type the tags in??

The Outside is a evil place to be, too much light, too much noise and too many distractions....
I went outside once and my FPS rate dropped to 5.
QuothTheRaven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2003 22:49
and a quote button would be nice to authentically quote other members
Dr DooMer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2003 23:05
Well, I'd like an extra 4x4 pixes for avatars - my usual avatar is just a bit too large!

"I am a living, thinking entity who was created in the sea of information."
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2003 02:35
I think... more female users, more inteligent polite new users, less infighting, and more patches! (Until everythings fixed obv )

Plus I think Kudos ratings are a kewl idea, just don't really like a lotta the ethos with RGT tho

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 11:10:31
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 11:10:31