Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Nearly completed tilemap editor requiring code assistance

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2004 18:52
Hello!

I thought it'd be a good idea to write a small RPG for my first game with nothing too complicated or extravigant (spelling?), making it a relatively small game compared to a fully blown RPG. Anywho, in the design stage I realised I'd need a good tilemap editor to create my levels and even though it'd probably been easier for me to search for one on these boards, I thought why not create one of my own where I'd be able to export the maps and any extra data as it suited me? Why not? And I'm happy to say I'm the better for it.

Taking this into consideration [b]Echo Tilemap Manager[/B] was born and in roughly two hours of coding, I have a 90% completed utility, which (bar a little fine tuning and polishing) is ready for me to begin coding my game. However, as I've said, I've run into a bit of an issue.

The way my utility works is that it loads a user specified bitmap (320 x 32) and extracts tiles (32 x 32), but the problem I've been having is that DB throws a wobbly if I do this: -

I can't recall the error exactly, but I think it's to do with DB claiming that the syntax requires a string and then a number. Which, if I'm guessing right, I [i]am[/I] giving it.

Any ideas?

I'm working with DBC v1.13.

Sorry for asking a simple question in a huge ramble of boring-ness-ness! Hope someone can help!
Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2004 20:38
I don't have DBC but it would be load image image_t$ + ".bmp",11
in DBP

13e
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2004 21:28
Thanks! For some reason that solution had never occured to me.

For anyone who's interested I may update this thread with a little info about my project as it progresses. Providing people wouldn't mind giving a novice programmer a little help along the way.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 03:33:13
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 03:33:13