Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / Using Sprites

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello All,

I am in the process of making my first ever game using dark basic. The plans are to have 2 stick figures fighting with each other. I have all of the images made, but i can't figure out how to make it so if i press a button, it will change to the kicking image, or if it is even supposed to do that. This is after reading the tutorials with dark basic lite and www.theothersideworks.com tutorial on a fighting game.

Is there any hope for cybersamurai and vinney the fighting stick figure?

Thanks for any and all help
Rusty Gears
ChronicFear
Years of Service
User Offline
Im having the same problem, in a way. I plan on making an online CT (different name and images changed and such) but, thats going to be my bases. I changed all the animations to avi, but, couldnt positions them, they start off at the top of the screen, plus, cant make them transparent. So, how would I go about making it so a sprite can walk, but, be animated? Im really confused on it

Your suffering cause of me its divine
-Korn-
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2003 03:06
To make a sprite, place the code in the main loop, and draw a different image name on the same sprite according to a varible.

EG

etc

* If the apocalypse comes, email me *

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 20:34:42
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 20:34:42