Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Help me please, my game's stuffed.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2004 21:57 Edited at: 28th Oct 2004 21:54
Please help me in a game i'm writing. it's a 2d arcade fps and theorically is dead simple. but sadly,
it's full bugs i can't decode. the animation is stuffed, and the mouse is stuffed, and almost everything
is. if everybody could help, it would be greatly appreciated. i've tried to comment it as much as pos.

If you want the media, emial me at tristankeating AT bigpond.com

Thankyou.

Hit the Source button /

"Chicken is nice"
Ric
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2004 20:41
Debugging a program can take longer than writing it! I'd suggest breaking parts of the program out of the whole program and testing them separately. That way you'll be able to figure out what works, what doesn't work, then get help here on more specific problems. Just saying "it's all stuffed - please debug for me" is a big ask for a 400+ line program!

computer
Years of Service
User Offline
well I took out all the enemy code so it was just the firing and mouse control. I took code out from the functions as I wasn't getting any values from them before.

Made in DB Classic, hope you get no probs.

Maybe it's the functions?

bleep bleep
LeaderOne
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks computer, it helped that problem.

But there's still a problem or two. The policeman's still is streched out of size and un-animated.
the image is laid out fine, and these are the sprite no.
1 still
2-8 appear
9-12 attack
13-16 pain
17-23 die
24 fade

Oh and i posted the entire code 'cause i've seen posts where people ask for context, and the prob might be elsewhere. Oh well!

Here's the revised code:

There's also the problem of the health, but i'm sure i can fix that.
Thanks guys

"Chicken is nice"
LeaderOne
Years of Service
User Offline
Okay i'll rephrase: please look at the "emeny" section of my code, becuase the animation is streched and not playing...

"Chicken is nice"
StOrM3
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2004 11:43
I have had this same problem trying to get .x animations to play in DBPro, I have loaded them, set the start and end frames and attempted to play them, both one shot and looping, and they do not play, all I get is a vibrating black cube, and it is textured and everything in milkshape3d before I export it to *.x file, maybe this is your problem, not sure, haven't looked at your code.

[PKE] Pain Killa Entertainment(tm) [PKE]
Pain Brings Reality...
[PKE] Pain Killa Entertainment(tm) [PKE]
LeaderOne
Years of Service
User Offline
No, it's 2d junk. You know... animated sprites.

"Chicken is nice"

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 05:25:24
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 05:25:24