Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / help with sword??

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
i'm currently trying to do a thing, which is that when you move mouse, then object(sword) points to it with it's top piece. i tried point object but that wouldn,t work correctly. rotate object wouldn,t work also? help please and thank you [img][/img]
fire, fire, fire
-"Cornholio" alias Beavis
Soyuz
Years of Service
User Offline
So where the mouse is on the screen is where the sword points? Nice, have any games used this method b4?

yosepp
Years of Service
User Offline
i don't know, if any games have used it before. maybe it's unique! maybe i can sell it for millions! then i'll make an army of clonecyberwarriors! and i'll kill every person and thin on earth! and i'll become the king of the world!!! but i'll save you, if you help me! [evil laugh] muhahahahaaaa [evil laugh]. just kidding about saving you. [img][/img]
btw was "So where the mouse is on the screen is where the sword points?" a question?

fire, fire, fire
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2003 01:24
Not exactly the same thing but there was a really nice game on pc a while ago where the player was conrolled by the aroows, but the weapon direction was controlled separately by the mouse. Also there was an RPG on DC where the Sword direction was controlled separately using the analogue stick. Sounds similar(ish) can't remember the names of hand.

It would be a case of have an invisible object follw the mouse then ajusting the rotation point of the sword to the base then rotating/pointing the object at the object. Sounds a cool project good luck

* If the apocalypse comes, email me *
yosepp
Years of Service
User Offline
oh no! my trial of db ran out!!! guess i'm thru with it...
[img][/img]

fire, fire, fire
Soyuz
Years of Service
User Offline
Doh! So get the full version cos it sounds like a great idea and I'm sure it's possible. Bring on the Three Muskateers!

yosepp
Years of Service
User Offline
order it?? hah!! it'll probably get to my country when i'm 60 years old, when it does! and i wouldn,t get my father to use his credit card even if i'd point him with a gun! I hope to find it in shop... only thing is, that i don't know
has it even imported to my country. ooh dear [img][/img]

fire, fire, fire
Murp
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2003 16:52
I got my copy of DarkBasic Pro at Fry's Electronics. Look around any computer stores in your area.
Soyuz
Years of Service
User Offline
I must say I'm surprised DB isn't more readily available. I only found out about it when someone told me off the cuff. I'd never even considered that such an application was available! There must be loads of people like us who want an easy (ish) way to make fairly powerful games. More marketing! More distribution! Step this way!

Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2003 00:10
I've seen copies of DB1 and DM in Eletronics Boutique/Game ! Never Pro tho

Dr DooMer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2003 02:08
The games you're thinking of are probably "Die by the Sword" on the PC and it's sequel "Dragon's Blood" on the DC; I've got both of them, and they're actually quite fun, if difficult, to play.

Likewise, I've seen DarkBasic, DarkMatter and 3D Games Creator in EB.

Well, if DBPro trial's run out, get the DB trial and vice versa. I'm sure one of the earlier versions of DB wasn't time-limited...

"I am a living, thinking entity who was created in the sea of information."
yosepp
Years of Service
User Offline
it was db that run out, not pro, pro won't work. guess i'll have to check some shops. I'm currently making models with milkshape, that is ALSO trial. I bet that after 30 days most of the programs won't work anymore. btw do you know, where to get trials of earlier versions like 1.03 1.08 and so on

fire, fire, fire
Dr DooMer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2003 15:37
I know the feeling - suddenly, after a month of usage, your whole computer just says "No! Your trial period has expired! I'm not doing anything anymore!".

"I am a living, thinking entity who was created in the sea of information."
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2003 22:26
Some people just taker a ghost image of their hard drive and re-copy it once a month. That works, and also keeps your pc running fresh

HOWEVER I do always recommend buying full versions, especially of DBPro (or DB) for mnay reasons. Get rid of the annoying watermark for one!

Hilmi2k
Years of Service
User Offline
The whole purpose of the trial is to get you hooked, thats why it expires, nobody would by anything if it works for ever

brittd
Years of Service
User Offline
yosepp,

You can always go the Hardcore way and blow away your windows and reinstall it. Then you can use the Demo over again. There is a registry position I found back before I bought DBPro that you can delete that will reset the days on the demo. To bad I don't remember the registry key. I think it was hidden in the directx section of the registry. They did a real tricky registry key. Oh well if I remember I might let you know. Note I do think you should try to buy DB, but like you, my Trial ran out before I even had a chance to really learn how to use it. That is why I hacked the time period, not because I didn't want to buy it if it was what I was looking for. I think they should up the time to 45 or 60 days.
MattIsFun
Years of Service
User Offline
The original DB works by the number of times you use it, so it ran out for me in a couple of days. The pro demo works for a month though, if it works on your computer.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 18:23:06
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 18:23:06