Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / FPS lights on gun

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2004 20:51 Edited at: 28th Oct 2004 21:07
Hi, i am making a FPS game and have made a level in cshop, lightmapped it and loaded it in to my game. I was wondering how i could make it so that when my gun goes into the shadow of a building the gun goes dark to. Btw i'm using dbpro
Thanks for any help,
Hepy

Hepy
Kentaree
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2004 00:00
The problem here is that a lightmap isn't true shading, but its a modification of the level's texture to give the appearance of lights, or lack thereof. What you could do is have a single light, and move it to the closest imaginary lightsource, so it affects the gun. If a particular part of a room is supposed to be dark, you just dont place a light there, and the gun should go dark.

You might also want to turn ambient light down, as this can affect shading aswell.

AMD Athlon XP2800+
GeForce FX5200 128MB
1.25GB DDR 333MHz RAM
Hepy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2004 07:35
Hi, thanks for the feedback. I tryed having an inverted camera that faces the floor all the time and also moves with the gun and then played this to an image, i then used set lightmapping on to place it on the gun, it sort of works but i reckon your idea's probably better.

Hepy

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 04:28:47
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 04:28:47