Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / DBPro Debugger crashes every time!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have searched this forum and not found an answer to this problem. When I try to debug even example apps, the debugger crashes immediately (and I have been sending the reports for whatever good that does). It does not even hit the first line of code because I set a breakpoint there. This seems ridiculous to me. How am I supposed to learn from the examples when I cannot step through the code? Does anyone have any hints or work-arounds for this? I am running dbpro 1.057. I even un-installed DBPro and re-installed it and then the latest patch.

HELP!

thanx
Lampton Worm
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2004 01:11
Hi,

I agree, the debugger-is-a-bugger! I have to resort to clever use of printing out variables/states to the screen or a side file and a ton of in-game debug controls/commands to help me figure out problems usually.

Cheers.
roujesky
Years of Service
User Offline
What I figured out so far....
Well, the debugger appears to work in 1.054. Once I run the dbpro_upgrade_5_6.zip which upgrades dbpro to 1.055(strange naming convention??) the debugger quits working. It also does not work in 1.057. I am running XP Pro without SP2.

How is it that the debugger is broken in TWO patches. Does anyone else but me think this ridiculous that HALF the IDE does not work??!? I feel like the lone voice of reason here. I am a competent programmer in C++, but I NEED the debugger to learn how these programs work....
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2004 11:46
Our plugin has a variable watcher to help you debug until the ide/debugger is redone. Click the link below and read up on our plugin. The var watcher may save you some headaches in the meantime.

DBP_NETLIB_v1.4.3 DarkTOPIA site coming soon!
Philip
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2004 22:53
Yes, somehow the debug and single step modes got broken in the final release of v5.6 (which has a slight typo and says it is v1.055). This wasn't caught in v5.7.

The debugger isn't particularly brilliant even when working so its probably best to use either Cattle's plugin or print variables to the screen. I do the latter but this weekend I am going to experiment with the former.

Cheers

Philip

What do you mean, bears aren't supposed to wear hats and a tie? P3.2ghz / 1 gig / GeForce FX 5900 128meg / WinXP home

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 04:23:19
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 04:23:19