Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2004 04:21
Ive mad a small 3d house but I cant get the collision to let me walk inside it. I have tried it on spheres, boxes, polygons but none of them let me move whilst on the inside. Any suggestions?
Clueless
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2004 09:49
In DarkBasic, you're always colliding with a solid object if you're inside it. To prove this, load up any example program that uses a skybox made of a cube and dump some text to the screen that tells you when you're colliding with it.

Is your house just a solid block with a pyramid on top, or have you actually sculpted out an area inside the house, including a door to walk through?
monkeyboy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2004 03:05
yea there is a gap inside it and a door which i cant walk through lol
Clueless
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2004 05:40
Hmmm. I suppose you've already checked the size of your player object vs. the size of the opening of the door?
Hepy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2004 06:05
Hey, use Nuclear Glory man! Flawless collision, if you don't no it's http://www.nuclearglory.com/, never of guessed that .

Hepy
Ilya
Years of Service
User Offline
You're probably using automatic collision, which sucks and always converts to boxes.

Quote: "I've seen the word programming and I'm not sure what it means. Anybody please explain?"

Quote: "We shouldn't sacrifice the truth to preserve "balance"."
StOrM3
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2004 20:35
yea, but even with nuclear glory there, are still some issues with it using spheres, like with square buildings, my vehicle can stick partially into the corners of the buildings, any ideas how to fix this ? I have an email into matt of NG about it.

[PKE] Pain Killa Entertainment(tm) [PKE]
Pain Brings Reality...
[PKE] Pain Killa Entertainment(tm) [PKE]
Acolyte Entertainment
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2004 08:04
one idea is you create your house but you have a really big doorway. Then put in 2 compleatly diferent boxes and program them for no colistion so that you dont get stuck or stoped in the doorway.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 04:18:26
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 04:18:26