Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / free .exe hosting

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2004 07:44
if anyone is scrambling for a host at the last minute of the compo, feel free to try out http://www.simpload.com

I have just finished the php for the registration and rest of the system, hopefully you guys will be good beta-testers?

please keep in mind, the system will not give you a very precise progress bar, when uploading, be patient and only click once.

just go to the site and enter this info

user : TGCusers
pass : simpload3

hope this is helpful for some people.
I don't know how long i'll leave this service open, as i have limited bandwidth and space, and it's all outta my own pocket.

Its the product that counts, not the method.
Ilya
Years of Service
User Offline
You can upload your compo using ftp...

The default editor is fine.

Quote: "I've seen the word programming and I'm not sure what it means. Anybody please explain?"
teh game wiz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2004 08:20
i think he means that it will be good for hosting files that are on puplic beta test

Ilya
Years of Service
User Offline
There's only 2 days left.

The default editor is fine.

Quote: "I've seen the word programming and I'm not sure what it means. Anybody please explain?"
Mytho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2004 14:03
you can use it for any DBPro related exe, compo or other programs you have made. I really didn't make the site specifically for the comp...

But i know some people have had trouble finding hosts for their games, maybe this will help out a little.

I forgot to mention in the first post, there is a 10MB file size limit.

Ilya
Years of Service
User Offline
That will discourage many people from using you servace as there are many free web hosts who host more.

Quote: "We shouldn't sacrifice the truth to preserve "balance"."
Mnemonix
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2004 05:49
Ok, who cares what you think Ilya. This is why many services for people that may be free stay away from here, they try and be kind, and get torn into little pieces by you.

The 3d chat is coming...
Rights For Traffic Cones!
Mytho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2004 10:43
Quote: "Ok, who cares what you think Ilya. This is why many services for people that may be free stay away from here, they try and be kind, and get torn into little pieces by you."

ty.

Quote: "That will discourage many people from using you servace as there are many free web hosts who host more."

any that don't require you to register? examples please...

BTW, if anyone needs more than 10MB, just post here, or drop me a line. I would be more than willing to extend this limit on an individual basis, probably up to say 100MB, but as a open-to-the-public free service this is a small protection for me.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 22:23:40
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 22:23:40