Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / An interesting link from my favorites in IE

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2004 22:15 Edited at: 30th Oct 2004 22:16
Here's the link:

http://www.twpyhr.com/

And since everyone is maybe a little curious as to why I have this in my favorites since I posted it....at that site you'll find audio files of different telephone operator messages.

Here in the USA the place is loaded with advertisments and people always calling to advertise something they'd love to sell you. To help combat this and maybe the annoying creditors if I don't pay a bill one month, I set up a phone system that goes through the computer network I have. If one of these people that I don't know should call, they will automatically hear an operator message saying the line is disconnected. So far this has been really effective in stopping several calls. I take it they remove me from lists when they thought my line was disconnected.

The original thought that I told my Mom about this was, I want these people to think I'm either dead, or my phone has been shut off.

Anyway, enjoy!
Eric T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2004 22:27
Pricey
Years of Service
User Offline
I have a CD with about 2000 of these on

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 22:25:55
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 22:25:55