Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Problems with loading textured .3ds Very Frustrating

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2004 01:40
Ok, here we go....
using 3ds max 5
photoshop 7
DBPro 5.7
3d format is a .3ds
3d file contains animation data
There are about 6 separate meshes in the .3ds file
each containing UV data which I've preserved during export
texture format is saved as a 256x256 windows 24bit .bmp
I've imported both .3ds and .bmp into the game file
here is the code

The problem is that (while the game worked fine first) after writing this code, the game won't start. Even if I don't tell the program to texture the object with the bitmap.
I'm almost 100% positive there's something wrong with the way I'm trying to go about coding this. Did I do the right thing by uv mapping in 3ds max? should I use some other texture program? Please don't tell me I have to set UV coordinates by code in DBPro..
Thanks all...

Hack the GIBSON!!! Hahaha What a corny movie!! But it was the Shiznitobam Snip Snap Sack..What did I just say?
2D Analyst
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Lolz You know what, I had the same problem as you last couple of months ago. I found out that 3d max does not support texture export. So you need to get a export plugin to do texturing called Panda X. This is probably the only format that support texturing and it will load into DarkBasic or Darkbasic Pro correctly. I hope this helps.

eatfishy
lickuidstylz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2004 04:40
DOOOOOD!!! Thanks a lot first, I was wondering if this was a plugin for what, Max or DB...so I did a search for "Panda x" and nothing promising came up, then I typed "Panda X plugin" and I found out that it's for max and now I can't wait to get home to see how it works.. Man I hope this works out...

Question. After I install this, should the "*.x" extension show up in the export dialogue box?
THANKS EATFISHY!!!!!!!!
P.S. here's the link to the d/l site... (partly because I'm at work and it's easy to look here instead of searching all over again, and for anyone else who may have the same prob) http://www.3dmaxer.dk/plugins.asp?r=5

Hack the GIBSON!!! Hahaha What a corny movie!! But it was the Shiznitobam Snip Snap Sack..What did I just say?
lickuidstylz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2004 05:09
If all goes well, am I still going to have to load the image and texture the object through coding? Or will the texture info as well as the texture itself be stored in the .x file?

2D Analyst
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Panda x saved all your model information. so you bascially use, load object "file.x",1 and it does everything for you. Glad to help you man. People always helped me in the forum, so it's time for me to pass my knowledge to another.

eatfishy
lickuidstylz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2004 12:24
bad news, it still doesn't load right..there are a lot of options when you export, I'll play with those options and see how it goes

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 04:22:34
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 04:22:34