Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Need help adding text to a plane

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2004 03:12
I think I've got the basics - print the text to the screen, use 'get image' to grab the text, then texture the plane with the image.

Now here's the problem:

My screen is full with stuff going on. I want my text to be on an empty (black) background - and there is nowhere left on the screen to put the text before grabbing it without accidentally grabbing other stuff too!

I've already tried 'Sync'ing or 'cls'ing before printing the text - but then all the other stuff disappears too.

I also tried making a second camera and flipping to the second camera before printing the text to the screen, grabbing it, then flipping back to the first camera. That didn't work - in fact a load of my stuff on the first camera mysteriously disappeared.

Is there a way to print the text to somewhere off the screen and grab it? (The word 'memblock' also jumps to mind, but I don't know how you would print text to a memblock)

Any ideas? I'm thinking this should be simple!

Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2004 03:43
what about using other bitmaps like this.

Ric
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2004 04:03
Thanks Lost - For some reason, I never needed to use bitmaps, so I never realised what they were for - up till now!

Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2004 04:51
Glad you got it working

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 04:15:12
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 04:15:12