Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / loading a matrix???

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2004 18:16
im wondering is there any way to load matrixs in darkbasic classic? i was looking foward to importing landscapes off geoscape and i dont noe how. will someone please tell me how to import or load matrices into my darkbasic programs

cheers
feugs
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2004 20:15
one solution would be to export the texture and mesh, then load up the mesh as an x file.

load object "name.x",objectnumber

If no-one gives your an answer to a question you have asked, consider:- Is your question clear.- Did you ask nicely.- Are you showing any effort to solve the problem yourself
Feugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2004 07:19
could i do that in geoscape 3d? i have seen the export to darkbasic matrix command. would that work? or what programs should i use?
Feugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2004 07:36
so i would load a geoscape project into an x format? or could i export it into a darkbasic matrix file. im confused. are there ane editors that can export into .x format?
sorry to post again but i didnt fully understand it
cheers
feugs
Ali M Oldboy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2004 20:43
Geoscape?

You should use MatEdit!
Fast and Free!

-ALI-

- Shoot 'Em Down! -
Zotoast
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2004 05:19
yeah, use matedit, when u use that u press a button and it writes the code for the matrix, then u put that in ur program (sometimes the code needs some fixing heheh)

"Well, if he dies it'll teach him not to do it again." - Me
Dodo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2004 03:57
in geoscape 3D, goto export>export mesh and then chose .X (it should be the default setting) Play around with the others if you want to, but I'd suggest leaving it as the defaults, because it is easier. You can then import into DB as indi said. Also, if you search around there is probably some code to import the matrices somewhere.

Part of solving the problem is actually noticing that the problem is there in the first place

Zotoast
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2004 03:02
geoscape is WAY too slow

"Well, if he dies it'll teach him not to do it again." - Me

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 06:30:56
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 06:30:56