Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / is it just me or is every hosting place down for maintenece

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2004 11:48
i have checked for better webhost than freewebs but have failed ot find one that isnt down for maintenece all i need is soemthign basic php woudfl be nice btu not required also anyopen know a pklace that is trully free and not down for maintenece(also no forced popups i dont care about other ads)

http://free-space.myftp.org for free ftp
website hosting and e-mail 60mb for ftp/webste 70mb for e-mail
BearCDPOLD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2004 13:39
I just signed up with spiralpages.com to try them out, they have a pretty good deal.

Crazy Donut Productions, Current Project: Project Starbuks
Sony stole our name!
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2004 14:22
Lycos have always been good imo... i used to have an account with them prior to them updating with that anonying menu advert that covers the page for a few seconds each time you visit.

However for 50MB Space, 1GB Bandwidth, PHP4, MySQL3.2 it is actually a pretty good free account.

That said I'd recommend 1and1, as they're very good hosts.
Very little downtime, very stable transfers, simple admin UI, depending on MS or Linux hosts depends on the range of support.

In all though would recommend as they do very cheap packages for people who won't use much space; cheapest iirc is a 100mb account (alright not wonderful) for like $50/yr.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 22:21:18
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 22:21:18