Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Adding skin to a 3-D model in 3D max steps

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
I know this is probably the wrong forum to ask, but does anyone know how to add skin texture to a human created in 3D Max character shop? I was about to get the texture of a human on Dark Basic Pro, but the texture quality is bad. Many texture details are not even shown. My 3D max characters texture looks hot, but it looked dog poop in DarkBasic Pro. I know I\\\'m not using the correct method to skin my character with 3D Max, does anyone knows the correct method??

eatfishy
IanG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2004 04:01
yeah, appply a "unwrap uvw" modifier to your model, then under the parameter roll out hit "edit". in the edit uvw window got to the mapping menu then normal mapping, then try a couple of maps. once yuou have decided on the map you like get it properly in to the window (ie so you can see all the uv lines) then hit priintscreen. go into photoshoop and make your texture up sticking to the uvs then save it and go back to max. hit m on the keyboard (or open the material browser), hit the square next to diffuse, select bitmap and find your file. when it loads up drag it on to your model, and hopefully it should use the uvws to texture your model, if you have any problems got back into the edit uvws and just move them about abit.

Used to be Phoenix_insane registered in september 2003 despite what the date says to the left <--
PC - amd athlon 2, 512mb, force 0 8mb, 0gb, p sp2
2D Analyst
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
I dont' see any unwarp uvw modifier. I clicked on all my modifier and I don't see that listed in it? Please help me =(********

eatfishy
2D Analyst
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
O nevermind I see it. lolz

eatfishy
2D Analyst
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
I already know how to texture the body skin with details in 3D max, but it won't come out right in DArkBAsic Pro. Do you know what I'm doing wrong? Thanks for your time

eatfishy
Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
Are your models in .3ds or .X format because if it's in .3ds that could be the problem, if you need a .x exporter for max then get the panda exporter.

There is only one way to package shaolin: Shaolin Soccer...
Turoid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2004 17:22
Click download to download the panda .x exporter for max

Do you need a complete FPS,3rdPS engine ?? Or a collision command libary?? well here it is:
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=38869&b=6&p=0

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 04:18:28
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 04:18:28