Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / TimeSplitters 3

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Oh yes the ultimate FPS game for the consoles is coming out. This game is going to rule.

-Some features-
Sweeter Map Editor.
Online Game Play and you can upload your maps for others to play on.
Co-Op
Vehicles

I can't wait.

Are you a leader or follower.
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2004 16:36
I love Timesplitters, looking forward to the 3rd instalment.

Vehicles should be a laugh, I hope the monkey get's his own car.

Van-B

It's c**p being the only coder in the village.
Wiggett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2004 20:06
awesome, never played ts1, but got ts2 on the cube and lets just say IT'S THE BOMB DIGGETTY. haven't heard about ts3 yet, but hopefuly it will be just as good.

ps can i see you use the ** in your sig

Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
I hated TS1, but TS2 was awesome, I hope 3 is too.

There is only one way to package shaolin: Shaolin Soccer...
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2004 20:52
Yeah, TS1 is pretty dull compared to TS2, there's sooo much gameplay in TS2 - like above and beyond what most gamers would expect, the minigame levels and the sheer volume of unlockable characters make it a damn long game. I especially like the monkey, hunchback, and that dude in the cardboard robot costume . Good value for money for a change, whatever will they think of next.

The size of TS2 kinda puts a dampner on the recent trend in games - like Fable with it's pathetic 12 hours of gameplay! (13 hours if you want to buy a house and get married). I hope TS3 has as much 'stuff' in it as TS2.

Van-B

Skeletor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2004 21:12
Man... I thought TS1 was awesome and TS2 was a let down... TS1 hooked me with its single player but TS2 seemed boring. I do admit TS2's mutiplayer was more fun ( I loved the turrets).

http://www.angelfire.com/games5/db_games/
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2004 02:43
Quote: " Oh yes the ultimate FPS game for the consoles is coming out."

Yeah! Halo 2!

Kidding.

TS3 looks pretty neat. Never played any of the previous games though.

Here we go again!
TRANSGRESS AND I SHALT BAN YE! (Just kidding...)
Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
Rent TS2, it's awesome. You porbayl know that the company who creatd it [free radical] is a bunch of people who left Rare, people who had worked on Golden Eye, so you'll find it just as entertaing as that was. Oh and the monkey r0x0rz.

Hamish McHaggis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2004 21:07
Quote: "Man... I thought TS1 was awesome and TS2 was a let down... TS1 hooked me with its single player but TS2 seemed boring. I do admit TS2's mutiplayer was more fun ( I loved the turrets)."

Nah, timesplitters 2 story mode was much better than 1s. Both have awesome multiplayer , I've read previews that say they're sticking too much in the past "goldeneye" theme of things, and they should "upgrade" to halo style "sensible" gameplay, but to be honest, timesplitters wouldn't be timesplitters without the comedy element .

Isn't it? Wasn't it? Marvellous!
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2004 21:27
Agreed, I like the feel of TS, especially the monkeys - played the bonus level with the melon carrying monkeys yet?.

Not that Halo is without it's funny moments, but I think there's plenty serious FPS games out there, TS is like a break from that. The cardboard robot suit guy cracks me up - what an ingenious idea for a game character, a nutter dressed like a robot!. It's got the British feel to it - like the GTA series, where instead of the setting necesserily looking like a real setting, it looks more like something from a TV show or movie, somehow that seems to make more sense to me.

Van-B

MiR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2004 23:03
Ummm. Funny this should appear now. I´ve just got round to getting myself a copy of t2 last week. Great multiplayer game with tons of options. I haven´t had a multiplayer game with this many options since perfect dark. Still got to get my head round the level editor though.

The engine could use a serious update. I mean PD had some things more advanced(reloading aniamtion for instance-not that I don´t mind super quick reloading, I would still like to see it even if it´s impossible to reload at that speed in real life). It seams that they took the goldeneye engine with them when they left Rare.

Looking forward to t3. Should be just as good as t2 but with an engine from this side of the millenium.

A bargain at 900000€ second hand
Libera tu mente y te liberaras.
Mussi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2004 04:36
Aw man, wanted to but ts2 a long time ago but couldn't find it anywhere, forgot about it since then , I'm gonna look it up again couse I loved those movies

Specs: AMD Athlon 1800+, 256 DDRRam 266mhz, 80GB HD 7200rmp U133, Geforce4 Ti4400 128mb
Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
EH? Time Splitters is not based off a movie.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 00:24:36
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 00:24:36