Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Lightwave help

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2003 04:31
I use Lightwave to make objects, I'm trying to learn DBP. I made a box in lightwave and put an image map texture on it and loaded the object into DBP. I have a 3RD party plugin for lightwave to convert to .X. I think everything loaded into DBP but I could not see the box, I got no error message so I probably need to play around with the size, but I'm pretty sure the texture did not load with it. I also have 3D canvas and did the same thing and the texture did not load with the box but I did see the box. I could probably use 3D canvas but I have been using lightwave for quite a while for video and I like it, so does anyone know how to get the objects with textures into DBP

Thanks
stormtrooper
Brent_Seraphim
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2003 05:04
Yo, Its great to see a fellow Lightwave user

Hmmm...If you cant see the object mess with the size. I had the same problem. About the texture use the "texture object" command. Also where did you get the 3rd party converter? I really need a .lwo to .x converter. If you have any questions about LW or DBP email me at:
brenttallgesse1707@yahoo.com

Later

"Laugh to scorn the power of man..."
stormtrooper
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2003 05:12
I got that plugin from a site called dstorm.com I found out about it from this forum. Its a japanise website and even though I clicked english it still got a forign version but it works if you play around with it. There is a few dstorm sites out there so do a google search and check out a few at the top and you will hit it, you will know it when you hit it, or you can search here and link right to it.

Viroscope
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2003 10:29
Yeah i had the same problem > Answer > for textures to show up in DB you need to export with the text option not binary and with it being basically invisible make shure you do not have Export Mesh Normals (Listed under the second tab)option selected causes the invisible effect. that should fix it there may be one more check box that you can not have checked but if it works you don't need to worry. And Exporting From Lightwave directly to .X is Great Gets rid of all those .3ds tripling problems with polygons. if it dosen't fix you up E-mail me viro@sbcglobal.net and i'll check what the other checkbox was. Have a great time (back to my camera issue

Viroscope
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2003 10:31
P.S. Export from modeler to .x http://www.dstorm.co.jp/dslib/plg70e.html Verry bottom of the web page (it's a plugin) Yeay

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 22:59:29
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 22:59:29