Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / A few questions...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Well firstly, I wrote a program a few months ago, and upon recently returning to play it, suddenly the computer finds an error in almost every second line of code. Suddenly all my bitmaps are "too small to get image" even though I've specified the exact dimensions of the bitmap. Can anyone help me with this?

Secondly, is it possible to detect collision with static objects?
Xander
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2004 05:01 Edited at: 9th Nov 2004 05:02
1. show me teh codez!!!

2. I think you need to use static collision boxes around your static objects. So it won't be perfect collision, but you can do sliding collision with the boxes.

Xander Moser - Bolt Software - Firewall
PaulC
Years of Service
User Offline
Well here is the relevant code

And what exactly is a collision box? Is it a command on its own, or does it mean I have to create an object that overlaps the static object and use collision with that?
Xander
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2004 00:12
Well, I can't be sure of the size of your image, but it looks okay to me...

Create a collision box with the command "make static collision box". I assume you are using Dark Basic Classic, considering that static objects don't work in Pro... Make static collision boxes around your static objects, then use normal collision or sliding collision with the collision boxes on your normal objects.

Xander Moser - Bolt Software - Firewall
Old Wrinkly
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2004 01:33
Regards to "Bitmap too small".I get that Quite often even though I know there is nothing wrong with the bitmap.
Believe it or not, I find that if you ignore it, It goes back OK after a couple of tries.
I can never understand this glitch in DBC, I have experimented with huge bitmaps and still get "Bitmap too small", Ive put up with it for years, so don't worry about it.

OldWrinkly
Feugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2004 13:28
yes old wrinkly is right. it runs the same problem every 5 or so times i run one of my programs. dont worry about it and keep testing it and eventually darkbasic should ignore it and it will only pop up every now and again

i hope that helped

"its about the man beside you. thats all it is" black hawk down
Mentor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2004 20:16
if you are using pro then try deleting the .pro file and then allowing the ide to make a new one at the next compile, the problem with pro is that the ide just alters the .pro file for each compile (rather than making a new file) and it has a bug that causes the .pro file to get corrupted during alterations, making a new .pro file fixes the problem.

Mentor.

PC1: P4 3ghz, 1gig mem, 3x160gig hd`s, Radeon 9800pro w cooler (3rd gfx card), 6 way speakers.
PC2: AMD 2ghz, 512mb ram, FX5200 ultra, 16 bit SB.
Mini ATX cases suck.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 04:26:11
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 04:26:11