Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Warning about Total-traffic.com

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2004 22:33
I bought a service from total-traffic to give me 10000
UNIQUE visitors to my web site. What happened is a url (24.234.95.34) connects to my site and does a great number of PAGE LOADS that they count against the 10000. One UNIQUE visitor, always from the same url does this. I sent them 3 emails to their contact address with no reply. I have documented proof of this. Total-Traffic is a division of Uauthorize Corporation. I tried to contact Uauthorize, but their site does not respond. They have a guarantee of satisfaction but do not communicate. I asked in the emails if they could explain what is happening. I gave them multiple chances to relate their side of the story.
OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2004 22:40
Well, dont use them then...

Walk softly... and carry a big gun...
bitJericho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2004 22:55
why would you want that service anyway? What do they do that's good for you?

[center]
Come write!
Yarr join LoGD, and defeat other coders!
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2004 23:31
Quote: "I bought a service from total-traffic to give me 10000
UNIQUE visitors to my web site"

The clue is in this statement. It is impossible to guarantee traffic, no matter how it is acheived.

My advice would be to stick to the methods you control and can monitor; Google Adwords, Pay-Per-Click and other similar schemes by known companies.

BatVink
http://biglaugh.co.uk/catalog AMD 3000+ Barton, 512Mb Ram, 120 Gig Drive space, GeForce 5200 FX 128 Mb, Asus A7N8X Mobo.
Terms & Conditions apply
bitJericho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2004 00:16
i understand that...

but why would you want 10000 useless hits to your site?

Were they advertising that they would bring you 10,000 different individuals that actually look at your site.. like by clicking on banners or something?

I just don't get it I guess

[center]
Come write!
Yarr join LoGD, and defeat other coders!
QuothTheRaven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2004 00:42
Honestly, if you're dumb enough to sign up for a free traffic service, then you might as well just bear it. It's obviously a scam, and you fell for it. Did you just decide to click on the first spam banner you saw and sign up for their service?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 00:19:20
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 00:19:20