Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Fire and Explosions particles demo

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2004 04:43 Edited at: 11th Nov 2004 04:44
I know they've just released a new particles plugin, but I've been working on a particle system with loads of flexibilty. Its also been made so that each fire (or explosion or whatever you make) is just a single object rather than a whole bunch of plains, so the particle system would be real easy to implement as you dont have to worry about managing hundreds of objects. Its basically an extended version of the original DBPro particles commands.

Hopefully i can write a tutorial on using the code, maybe even make a simple editor controlling all aspects of the particles (velocities, start positions, scale rate, gravity, acceleration, deceleration)

Download demo here;

http://byhmm.co.uk/particlesdemo.zip

coincidence? how about pure cosmic convergence!
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2004 05:32
downloaded. looks nice.

"eureka" - Archimedes
Hamish McHaggis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2004 06:18
Seems quite cool. The only problem with using limbs is that you can't fade each limb separately, so you're stuck with scaling the particles down.

Isn't it? Wasn't it? Marvellous!
Cellbloc Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2004 06:45
Yes, the one thing I didn't like about new Particle Pack was that I could not "fade" the image out. Like fire, they just "pop off" when the life cycle ends. I would like a nice fade into nothingness.

-This...is my boomstick!
Nicholas Thompson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2004 07:24
Someone had a DLL that allowed limb fading.. Never understood why Limbfading wasn't in DB to begin with!

hmm
Years of Service
User Offline
was it limb fading or limb alpha mapping, cos im not sure that alpha mapping works with ghsted objects.

If i could find a way to change the colour of the limbs whilst retaining the texture, id be in business as I could just darken the limbs and as it is ghosted the limb will fade.
Any ideas on this?

coincidence? how about pure cosmic convergence!
Nicholas Thompson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2004 01:44
Unfortunately those features are not BUILT INTO DBPro.. I personally think they should be.. but thats me.

Alpha is the 4th channel in the RGB model that sets how transparent a colour is.. very usefull for thinks like water - you can make it semi transparent (My Wave generator example at my site uses alpa stuff for the water..)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 02:32:05
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 02:32:05