Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Game Publishing

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Now, I am not looking for a publisher, but I would like to make my own. But I really need advice and some major help on how to do so. Could anyone help?

[Center][/Center]
Fifty-Thousand Words, it'll fly by like that, I hope...
Jeku
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2004 08:49
Could you be a little more explicit with what you are trying to do? If you want a blanket answer for how to start a game publishing business, I'd consider visiting Amazon.com and reading a business book

--[GameBasic - Coming Soon]-- ^^^ banner generously designed by TheBigBabou
Tommy Walker
Years of Service
User Offline
Oh, I'm sorry, I understand the 'business' part but I was wondering one thing. How would I go about selling and CD developing. Once I get my customers games published I want to make then happy. But, the problem is, money. How would I go about the money managment. I don't want to use paypal as that would just say "I should just sell my games with paypal." I really want my customers seen. Also, CD development. I can burn CD's (duh) but I don't know about designing them. As in pictures on the disc.

[Center][/Center]
Teh Go0rfmeister
Years of Service
User Offline
you'd have to get all the expensive factory equipment, like conveyor belts and cd printed etc that work at a massive speed.

u get pics on the disk by getting a cd labelling kit.

Dave J
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2004 21:48
There are company's that will burn and label CD's for you, down here, a student business of mine published 400 music CD's for about $600, that's $1.50 per CD, however, the more CD's you purchase, the lower the price becomes. It's not hard to burn and create very professional CD's, the problem is actually trying to sell them.

"Computers are useless - They can only give you answers."
Mentor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2004 22:07
LOL, pity CD`s aint reusable, judgeing by the local stores there are plenty of DoomIII cases and CD`s available, nobody seems interested after seeing it, I couldn`t give my copy to three mates I offered it too who had capable PC`s and are into games, they didn`t want it at any price..their verdict..c**p, unlike Quake/DOOM etc I didn`t want it cluttering my shelf either, never touched it since the intial plays a while back..boooring.

Mentor.

PC1: P4 3ghz, 1gig mem, 3x160gig hd`s, Radeon 9800pro w cooler (3rd gfx card), 6 way speakers.
PC2: AMD 2ghz, 512mb ram, FX5200 ultra, 16 bit SB.
Mini ATX cases suck.
Tommy Walker
Years of Service
User Offline
ahh, Im lookin into buyin a cd labeler.

[Center][/Center]
Andy Igoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2004 07:20
If your looking into publishing commercially then you really need to press the CD's for professional results. Some CD drives do not have a strong enough motor to turn CD's that have a label stuck on them.

This is even more of a problem with DVD players btw.

Which is the biggest tool? The computer, or the muppet who invented it?
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2004 07:23
Quote: "This is even more of a problem with DVD players btw."

I've noticed this... most DVD rental places stick their own labels on the DVDs, and it's a bloody pain, as they don't play in most players and even when they do, the labels are often placed just slightly off, which makes a bloody awful noise.

I generally remove them before viewing and replace them after

[center]
The majority of voters agree that 49% != wrong.
The Videogameaholic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2004 14:34
At the risk of sounding like a sales rep for esellerate, I'm going to post this link again:

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&b=19&t=39518&p=2

I only mention it because it seems like a great offer, and I want someone here to let me know if it works for them (so I can try it if/when I make a worthy game).

RMPVG (Real Men Play Video Games)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 00:26:54
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 00:26:54