Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Community Web Hosting

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2004 21:58 Edited at: 14th Nov 2004 22:00
How many of you would be interested in professional web hosting for £2.49 (GBP) per month? Below are the details for each account:

The original RGT topic can be found here: http://www.dannywartnaby.co.uk/rgt/index.php?board=9;action=display;start=0;threadid=5125;viewResults=1

MAIN DETAILS:

* 100MB web space
* 1GB bandwidth per month
* Unlimited mailboxes
* Unlimited mail forwarders
* Unlimited ftp accounts
* Unlimited subdomains
* Unlimited domain aliases

SCRIPTING:

* ASP & ASP.NET
* PHP
* Perl
* CGI-BIN
* WAP

DATABASES:

* Unlimited ODBC databases
* Unlimited MySQL databases

OTHER:

* Front Page Extensions
* Custom Error Pages
* MINE Type Editor
* Web-based file manager
* Awstats
* DNS Zone Editor

I need to know from you:

* How many people are interested.
* What price you think is good.
* C&C about this project.

This will be my first adventure into the world of reseller web hosting. I know how web hosting works because I have my own web site so I’m not totally walking in the dark. The price will be per month and all transactions will be through PayPal, RegNow or other online payment systems to make it secure.

I’m want to do this for 2 reasons; firstly I want to learn how everything works (and this is the cheapest way to do it )and secondly I think that there are a lack of web hosting companies that offer web hosting to small online communities and families that want to share photos and chat over the internet.

Please remember that this is not definite by any stretch of the imagination and I will need a certain number of people to be interested so I can break even.

There is also an opportunity for someone to design the web site, they will obviously be paid and the amount will be discussed at the time.

If you want to contact me personally email me or PM me.
Email: joshcoleuk@yahoo.co.uk

With this project I’m not aiming to compete with anybody, I just see a small gap in the market. Oh and I’m willing to set-up any WEB software (e.g. software written in ASP/PHP) on your account. What I won’t do is mess about with the server, I have no choice in this anyway.

My account will be registered with BluGuy.com, a British web hosting company that have VERY fast servers and excellent support. If you’re wondering how I can give this to you so cheaply, it’s because I’m sacrificing profits, I can give RGT members a further discount down to 99p per month. This is in British Pounds (GBP).

I currently have enough money to run this project for two years if I were making no profits.

Because you will be renting your account monthly you can cancel at any time and you will only be charged for the time you have been renting your account.

There will also be no set-up fees involved although you will need to get your own domain name which you can do at various places across the net including BluGuy.com for about £8 PER YEAR!

This is only a bit of market research to see what people think of the idea, if you already know of something like this please tell.

The original RGT topic can be found here: http://www.dannywartnaby.co.uk/rgt/index.php?board=9;action=display;start=0;threadid=5125;viewResults=1

Firefox 1.0!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 00:33:29
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 00:33:29