Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / My first game: Hardcash

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Just wanted to tell everyone that im working on my first game called Hardcash. Its a text-based game were you play as yourself in a setting like a modern-day Scarface. Ive already created around 3,000 rooms for it but im looking at expanding that to 15,000. it has over 60 min of music and around 20 min of sound. And, just about anything you can think of you can do in this game. It has been a big task the past 6 months on designing this game but its finally coming together. I look to be coming out with a demo of the first city you go to in the spring. If theres anything that anyone can think of that you dont see in a lot of games but would like to be able to do please post it. If its good enough it might end up in my game and i will be sure to put you in the ending credits. Thank you for your time!

I'm a man on a mission, a mission so huge it could mean life or death, a mission to the fridge.
Nicholas Thompson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2004 10:42
Wow that sounds a big game! Any screenies?!

jwurmz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2004 11:41
i think it would be hard to push a text-adventure game using screenshots , but call me old fashioned.

it does sound rather content-y though... 15K? holy *%!# batman! good work

"Creativity is knowing how to hide your sources" - Einstein
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2004 14:14
well call me not-so-old fashioned, but pure text adventures bore the poop out of me.

back when there was no such thing as a graphics processor, and your machine was only capable of handling 4 colours; sure they were cool.
but seriously, i'd prefer some graphics to a final fantasy size script. :-\

Nicholas Thompson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2004 21:04
text ones are only not fun now because a lot of people that program tend to have zero imagination and make their games REALLY linear.

AND, if the game is made in DB, a simple screenshot of what he means by text based would be good. See, is it black screen, white text and thats it? Is it a console underneath an "artists impression" of the room?

BearCDPOLD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2004 10:32
Some guys at DigiPen made a pretty cool text adventure, The Capricorn Document. You started out in this little "hacking" simulation thing. You messed around until you found this one file, then it switched to a regular text adventure, except this file was some government thing and special forces were breaking into your apartment and you had to get out before they got you, they had a timer going and you had to look around until you finally figured out to climb out the bathroom window, run into the street, and spend the night at your friend's place.

Crazy Donut Productions, Current Project: Project Starbuks
Sony stole our name!
Nicholas Thompson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2004 10:48
Hehe.. Cool!! That sort of reminds me of Uplink.. Thats a REALLLY cool hacking game! So tempting to make one in DB.. In fact.. I might! Hehe. I really should finish one oneday..

Fridge R Raider
Years of Service
User Offline
To tell you the truth i really shy away from screenies in text-based games. It defies the whole purpose of imagining about things that you read and would really cut back in the gameplay experience. And i hope that my game doesnt seem linear at all. I think that im an accomplished writer and thats why i chose to make a text-based game becuase if you dont get the gameplay and writing down pat it isnt worth playing if its text-based.

I'm a man on a mission, a mission so huge it could mean life or death, a mission to the fridge.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 02:37:52
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 02:37:52