Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / A "Sum It All Up" Sticky Thread?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2004 02:46
I've scoured the forum and the "FAQ" thread, but I'm still unable to see a definite answer from someone in charge about the release date. It would be helpful to all if there was a sticky thread that addressed all of the issues below:

1. A solid or projected release date with regular updates in the same thread.
2. An explanation of the difference between the EA version and the boxed version.
3. A projected release date for the planned additions (i.e. online multiplayer, etc.)
4. Pricing.
5. Licensing.

This is just a suggestion, not a complaint. I just think it would be helpful for all of us prospective buyers to have a single thread for some of this information.

Thanks.
bilbo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2004 04:23
Good I would like a thread like that too, then when written just "lock" the thread.

/rjpa
Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2004 04:27
Quote: "but I'm still unable to see a definite answer from someone in charge about the release date"

I think the reason for that is that the release date has not been finalised.

The release date is unlikely to be for another month or so at least so why does an exact date matter?

BlueGUI:Windows UI Plugin - All the power of the windows interface in your DBPro games.
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2004 05:23
Q: A solid or projected release date with regular updates in the same thread.
A: There is no solid date, there never is with Software. You can be expecting to see it around Spring 2005, but that isn't guarenteed.

Q: An explanation of the difference between the EA version and the boxed version.
A: Media, and a Manual is the likely bet. Not to mention no hard copy.

Q:. A projected release date for the planned additions (i.e. online multiplayer, etc.)
A: TBA

Q: Pricing.
A: £29.99 was the price given by Rich for the product itself, Licenses however cost extra and are currently £TBA

Q: Licensing.
A: TBA

SkyCubes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2004 05:33
Rob k,

An "exact" date isn't that crucial, but a solid projection date range is. For the average hobbyist, I guess it doesn't matter--it will be released when it's released. But for someone like me, who plans on using this software as part of a classroom curriculum, I need to be able to make plans and adjustments in advance.

Look, this thing has had projected release times for almost a year now, and they continue to change. Anyone who's taken Marketing 101 knows that consumers are fickle and this kind of marketing is going to kill the product before it ever gets off the ground. That's all I'm trying to say.

Raven,

Thanks, but you've not given me anything that I haven't already seen in the threads.
David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2004 06:46
The lack of anything concrete is because not much is concrete at the moment. Raven has given all the info we know now.

WHen more in released you'll know about it.

Get 15 new commands, all the date / time commands left out of DBPro for free!
DOWNLOAD PLUGINS HERE: http://www.davidtattersall.me.uk/ and select "DarkBasic"
The Wendigo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2004 06:55
This thread reminds me of a little story about a man named Gabe Newell... he led HALF-LIFE 2 development! There was a bit of a problem though. they said it would be out last year in Sept, but it never was. You know why? Cuz no one ever knows when software is coming out. It hurt Valve's reputation with its fans.

How odd, I just so happen to be installing HL2 right now .

Home of DOOP, Strata Works, and Height
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2004 09:54
Fall 2004 it says so at fpscreator.com web site front page

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 15:12:47
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 15:12:47