Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Project_subworld

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2004 06:17
Okay I am starting a project here I am nearly a noob and also from sweden so i am not so good at english but i am going to do my best to be understod.

This project is to make an First Person Shooter. And I am going to need a lot of help. So I do as this, I am going to try make the most of the coding myself, and the rest that i canĀ“t solve on my own hand I am going to ask at this place of the forum. of curse everyone that helps me get an answer are going to be on the Credits in the game. (if the game ever will be finished)

I am going to set up an homepage for the project to http://www.sloopernine.com but it is linked to my private swedish site for the moment, but it will be up later.

Nothing more to tell for the moment.

You never fail, only make mistakes.
Slooper
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2004 06:20 Edited at: 20th Nov 2004 06:24
I started with borrowing the code from an exapmle in dbp. the problem i have is the jump as long i press the spacekey the camera jumps higher and higher, any soloution?

Slooper
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2004 09:27 Edited at: 20th Nov 2004 09:49
okay now the jump-problem is not the biggest problem, I have made an logo to have when the game loading, and i want it to rotate but when i tried it rotated around its upper left corner. but i want it to rotate around its middle, is that possible?

Attached the logo with this subject

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Slooper
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2004 22:11
Got another big problem now, the animation wont start when i walk forward it starts just after i release the arrowbutton I think i have to make some sort of for loop but not really shure huw to do it can someone please help me with the problems here, I have no soloutions on these problems i have writed here. Please someone help me if ya know how I can solve these problems. I would really be glad

Slooper
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2004 23:21
Is there noone out here on the forum that can help me? Please I really need help

Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2004 18:35 Edited at: 21st Nov 2004 18:53
You may want to start with some basic tutorials before jumping into this. Those all seem to be just simple flag setting problems or simple straight forward commands from the manual can help. You can fix the rotation of the sprite with the commands. Here is an example. Change the filename for one of your own. Press the space key to see it swap from corner to center rotation and positioning.

[edit] Also here is a very basic jump code. You will probably want to modify it so bsp collisions rest the jumping and falling for uneven floors and ceilings.

Slooper
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2004 16:01
Thankyou very much i was afraid no one would help me. Do you want to be on the credits?

Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2004 16:46
That's not necessary. Happy to help where I can.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 05:24:21
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 05:24:21