Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / A lesson for you kiddies

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2004 23:02
Don't ever drink...

I never, truly got drunk till last night... almost 10 shots of vodka.

I'm sick this morning, and I even had to call my mother to drive me home, i crawled up the stairs from the basement we we're... i couldn't walk.

I am now very sick (as i also hear that i was puking last night) and very regretable(is that a word?).

It mighta been fun then, but now... its hell.

Kohaku
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2004 23:09
I drink, every day.

You are not alone.
comando 300
Years of Service
User Offline
When you are drunk you have to drink a lot of water before going to sleep.

CURRENT PROJECT: RETRO PAC-MAN
Newbie Brogo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2004 23:45
Ok, I'll be sure not to drink 10 shots of Vodka before I go out to vote... I'll be able to drink when I can vote ya know

Dazzag
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2004 23:58
Quote: "When you are drunk you have to drink a lot of water before going to sleep"
Or what, you die? Heh. Nah, it helps a bit is all. You are supposed to drink the same amount of water as alcohol you drank apparently. Or some bird I used to know used to say. I used to be asleep most of the time on the bed before she finished bloody drinking water

Quote: "Ok, I'll be sure not to drink 10 shots of Vodka before I go out to vote... I'll be able to drink when I can vote ya know"
Well that explains one or two things..... Interestingly I was hammered the one and only time I voted. They told me to put the beer can away before I could vote if I remember rightly. (I was 18, so is a slightly hazy memory).

Oh, and vodka is good for a hangover. Apparently the clearer the alcohol the less of a hangover you get. Dark rum is a bitch.... or red wine. Starting to get the DT's from alcohol flashbacks.....

Cheers

I am 99% probably lying in bed right now... so don't blame me for crappy typing
Damokles
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2004 00:30
Quote: "When you are drunk you have to drink a lot of water before going to sleep"

Not really, the best would be to drink a lot of Coke, and here's the reason :
After drinking too much, you feel bad because you have hypoglycemy, less acidity in your stomach and not enough water.
2L Coke can help, because it contains acid, has much water in it and sugar (against hypoglycemy)

- Mind the gap -
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2004 00:54
adding sugar to a drunk is bad, the sugar ferments into more alcohol in your stomach and you puke, or die from puking whilst passed out on your back. Moral of story, drink beers, not vodka, sleep face down.

Oh ad have an elios pizza and a glass of water before sleep

DBP_NETLIB_v1.4.3 DarkTOPIA site coming soon!
Aoneweb
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2004 01:04
Best thing for hangovers is to stay drunk, that way you don't get any.

Toshiba Sattelite, 2GHz,Nvidia GeForce4 420go, Windows XP Home. www.aoneweb.com
Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2004 02:16
lol yeah CR I was gonna mention the risk of choking in your own vomit

AKA teh great Pet Rat.
Peace sells...but who's buying??
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2004 03:33
pah! a lil alcohol poisoning never hurt anyone.. provided you've got a good emergency service

this said, the story above sounds like a good night out.. Vodka is nice, but it's one of those drinks you have when your already drunk, and if anyone ever offers you a Black Russian decline; eck, they're sooo horrible.

Dave J
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2004 06:59
Quote: "When you are drunk you have to drink a lot of water before going to sleep."

Not true, water passes right through your system and can't absorb any of the alcohol, the same goes for any liquid. You actually have to eat a solid substance, basically just have a large meal (preferably something not too fatty) so it can absorb as much of the alcohol as possible, and even then it doesn't do too much to help. Other 'remedies' like taking a shower, going for a jog, etc. are all useless as well, I have no idea how people come up with them.

"Computers are useless - They can only give you answers."
Neofish
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2004 07:07
Quote: "2L Coke can help"

How about 7L with no alchol before it.........painful, don't do that either "kiddies"

[center]int N30F15H,a=1; do { N30F15H++; } while (a==1);
[center]
Kohaku
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2004 07:26
Quote: "absorb as much of the alcohol as possible"

Eat bread. That’s where my undying love for bread comes from.

You are not alone.
MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2004 08:35
How about just not drinking? That might be a good remedy.

A book? I hate book. Book is stupid.
(Formerly known as Yellow)
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2004 09:31
Quote: "Not true, water passes right through your system and can't absorb any of the alcohol, the same goes for any liquid. You actually have to eat a solid substance, basically just have a large meal (preferably something not too fatty) so it can absorb as much of the alcohol as possible, and even then it doesn't do too much to help. Other 'remedies' like taking a shower, going for a jog, etc. are all useless as well, I have no idea how people come up with them. "

Drinking water, rehydrates you as alcohol makes your internal thermostat go haywires and use up ALOT of water. Although a good meal will help absorb the alcohol, problem is it takes 30minutes for it to be at the level where it can.

Hense why your told to eat before you go out drinking

Aoneweb
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2004 09:56
Stop drinking = no hangover, uhmmmmm....Never thought of that, intresting concept.

Toshiba Sattelite, 2GHz,Nvidia GeForce4 420go, Windows XP Home. www.aoneweb.com
Eric T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2004 14:23
-Watch TV
-Sleep
-Puke
-Eat Saltine Crackers and drink water
-Repeat

My routine for the day. I called someone who was with me... said I did all that in about a 30 minute time period. Also said that the "Shot" glasses we we're using might of been 1 1/2 shots.

Anyway, my head hurts...

PiratSS
Years of Service
User Offline
Mm... being drunk sounds like a lot of fun. Gonna try it now, thanks for the advice.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 00:19:52
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 00:19:52