Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Questions about .x in DBP

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Is it possibel to model a terrain with hills trees etc. in 3ds max and then export it as .x and then make it as a terrain that work like a normal matrix in DBP?

If so how..

And a other thing how do I attach textures to an object that i've made in 3ds max and then exported to .x? I've manegede to do it, but the texture is really urgly and streched..

Last question how do i make collision to an object...

Please post some Code Snippets, becourse am all n00b...

Thx
IanG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2004 03:21
to the first one - i dont think it would be possible or would be long winded, why can't you just make your world an x model anyway - it always works for me

to the second question have you uv mapped the object in max

to the third look at the ngc dll (http://www.nuclearglory.com) they offer a basic dll that does basic collision and a comercial dll that does alot more

Used to be Phoenix_insane registered in september 2003 despite what the date says to the left <--
PC - amd athlon 2.0ghz, 512mb, GeForce FX 5200 128mb, 200gb, xp pro sp2
Xen0sis
Years of Service
User Offline
Okay if i've used this code to add models how do i then add that Nucklearglory thing?
load Object "Data/models/Building.x",6
loop object 6
position object 6,5000,Get Ground Height(1,5000,5500),5500

Yes i tryed doing some uv mapping but it did'nt help... Properly just me that made a mistake.. Do you have a tutorial or know where i can find one??

Quote: "why can't you just make your world an x model anyway - it always works for me"

How do i do that?? Pleasse come with some code Snippets otherwise i have no idea how to do it...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 05:28:53
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 05:28:53