Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Nintendo DS released today... (want a free one?)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2004 06:36
Holy crap I want one. Just the fact that it comes with a demo of MP:FH is orgasmic.

Anyway, if you want a free DS, just go here: http://www.trialclix.com/index.asp?refID=52904 (You don't need to use my referral link if you wish, but it would be greatly appreciated).

Just signup, and do the offers under the "Matchmaking Category" (they dont require you to buy anything, thats why it rocks). Then, if you dont have enough points when you are done with all those offers, refer a few friends, because each referrel is worth 75 points.

Points needed for a Nintendo DS: 1500
Points needed for a Nintendo Gamecube: 1150

There are other prizes as well, but those two stand out.

"And C++ has 2 version Microsoft visual C++ and Bordland C++."
Dave J
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2004 07:01
Good idea, I went to http://www.trialclix.com/index.asp and signed up, hopefully I will now be showered with expensive products for doing absolutely nothing... unless there is something more to this, that you're not telling us?

"Computers are useless - They can only give you answers."
Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2004 07:15
Whats Nintendo DS?

AKA teh great Pet Rat.
Peace sells...but who's buying??
Ilya
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2004 07:37 Edited at: 22nd Nov 2004 07:40
Something like a Gameboy with 2 touch-screens.
It basicly plays overpriced games.

And you might want to go to a site like cjb.net when you use a referal link.

Quote: "I've seen the word programming and I'm not sure what it means. Anybody please explain?"

Quote: "We shouldn't sacrifice the truth to preserve "balance"."
ionstream
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2004 07:44
$30 is overpriced?

Dude, I just got the DS, and I must say, it's DANG awesome! Ultimate 3D-ness, and the touch screen makes moving and aiming easy!

And only the bottom screen is a touch screen.

This image is not visible to idiots.

Ilya
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "$30 is overpriced?"

For GBA games, yes.
I don't know about DS though.

Quote: "I've seen the word programming and I'm not sure what it means. Anybody please explain?"

Zero Blitzt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2004 07:57
Ilya, you're reading skills amaze me more each and every day.

Notice this in my third sentence of my first post:

Quote: "(You don't need to use my referral link if you wish, but it would be greatly appreciated)."

Ilya
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes, but noone would use your referal link for no reason.

Zero Blitzt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2004 08:17
Don't speak for the community; I use people's referral links if they give them to me for other things. You know why? It's because I'm nice.

Aoneweb
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2004 09:56 Edited at: 22nd Nov 2004 09:57
Zero Blitzt, I used your link but did not sign up for anything.
your link: http://www.trialclix.com/index.asp?refID=52904

Toshiba Sattelite, 2GHz,Nvidia GeForce4 420go, Windows XP Home. www.aoneweb.com
Eric T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2004 11:16
heh, I always love these things...

If your bored click on http://www.trialclix.com/index.asp?refID=54052... i could always use a new DVD player...

TravisP
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2004 11:23 Edited at: 22nd Nov 2004 11:24
$50 a game
$150 for DS
http://www.ebgames.com

You have just read my post!
56 exp. gained.
202 gold found.
JoelJ
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2004 11:25 Edited at: 22nd Nov 2004 11:25
heh, i want a DS, they look awesome, i havnt played one yet, but i have heard a lot of good stuff about them

CLICKY CLICKY: http://www.trialclix.com/index.asp?refID=54078

Don't you wish you were that hot?
PiratSS
Years of Service
User Offline
Wow, ref madness!
The Videogameaholic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2004 13:48 Edited at: 28th Nov 2004 14:36
http://www.trialclix.com/index.asp?refID=55612

If I had broadband, I'd go for the Xbox...Nindendo DS for me

[Edit] P.S. zero, I used your link and did sign up for some offers.
P.P.S Good thing I didn't waste my blockbuster free trial on free ipods.

RMPVG (Real Men Play Video Games)
The Videogameaholic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2004 14:39
Sigh, I guess one of the bad things about a pyramid scheme on a forum is that the last person gets shafted. Fortunately, I was the first person on the UniBall Forum

UPDATE: I am half way there on my Nintendo DS.

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2004 14:52
i don't understand why people still believe Pyramid Schemes work.. sorry but if you can't be arsed to work for something, you don't really deserve it.

Eric T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2004 14:55
I just like free stuff, no matter how its obtained. Must be the italian in me.

"How'd you get that nice leather coat?"
"It fell of the back of the truck."

You know who I pray to? Joe Pesci. He looks like a guy who can get things done. Joe Pesci doesn't **** around. In fact, Joe Pesci came through on a couple of things that god was having trouble with.
The Videogameaholic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2004 15:23
Pyramid Schemes do work if they are structured correctly. The main site (trialclicks, freeipods, w/e) gets paid per referral and hopes that you (their referral) doesn't get enough referrals yourself for them to have to pay you. However, even if you do get enough referrals to get what you want, they still get paid for your referrals and hope that they don't get enough referrals to have to pay them.

In conclusion, the person who sets up the pyramid scheme gets way rich and the participants get what they want provided they can find enough idiots...er...friends to join in. It's a beautiful thing really. Hell, if I had enough friends (which I obviously don't since I'm a computer geek with the handle videogameaholic) then I'd go for the plasma television.

http://www.trialclix.com/index.asp?refID=55612
David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2004 18:12 Edited at: 28th Nov 2004 18:13
Quote: "For GBA games, yes.
I don't know about DS though."

What the? $30 is around £16 (dunno what the exchange rate is). If you think that's expensive, you'll have a nasty shock when the PSP or N5 comes out

btw - I clicked all your referral links

Get 15 new commands, all the date / time commands left out of DBPro for free!
DOWNLOAD PLUGINS HERE: http://www.davidtattersall.me.uk/ and select "DarkBasic"
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2004 19:23
you don't really believe that do your TVGA? if so, i'm going to feel sorry for your bank manager when you get a lil older.

Brand new GBA games are around £25-35 depending on what it is. It is quite expensive for what they are, but that said the materials to make them are quite a fair bit more expensive.. so Cost : Price ratio is actually much less than other console games or even the cheap PC games.

It has been nice seeing PC Games falling again to the prices they were in the early 90s
That said it does explain alot about the PC Games market currently, and perhaps a worrying sign at that.

Mattman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2004 07:26
No matter what someone is gonna get screwed and someones gonna make loads in a pyramid scheme

Song of the whenever i feel like updating it....
Man in a Dress, by Stew
Zero Blitzt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2004 08:05
Eh, this sucks now. They took out the good offers

Jeku
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2004 13:49
What do you think the typical business structure represents? A pyramid. Do you think your boss makes as much as you? No. He most likely makes more than you, but less than his boss, and so forth up to the top. The top guy makes lots of money in big part because of the guys below him.

--[GameBasic - Coming Soon]-- ^^^ banner generously designed by TheBigBabou
Megaton Cat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2005 00:36
I'm getting pretty annoyed at people caling the DS a gameboy. If you didn't notice there is no "GAMEBOY" anywhere on the box and system. Nintendo will never lose this "targeted for kids" crap. I've read several articles on-line and the main reason anyone over 14 doesn't want to buy a DS, but a PSP instead is because they all believe NDS is yet again, for kids.

I'm buying it the second it appears again in stores...

-Progress chart
3d engine: 46% physics: 67% AI: 89% Sanity: -51%
Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
I've got it and it definatly bugs me when I hear those 5 years olds call it 3D Gameboy 2 Screen... And then there are other people calling it Gameboy DS...

I think once we see releases like Metroid Prime Hunters come out for the system that are more for older people then maybe people will change their minds, and plus I really find it hard to believe that people would find games like Sprung and Feel The Magic XX/XY for kiddys, I mean one has the two kinds of sperm in it! How is that intended for kids? Of course it is a bunch of minigames...

Have a heart and join my message board.And now my messageboards work again!Woot!
David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2005 00:48
Heh, and Sony think they have the DS vs. PSP war stitched up... wait 'til Nintendo reveal the real next Gameboy

Get 15 new commands, all the date / time commands left out of DBPro for free!
DOWNLOAD PLUGINS HERE: http://www.davidtattersall.me.uk/ and select "DarkBasic"
Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah! That is when thing will heat up, especially if Nintendo decides to take it to the 3d Level...

Have a heart and join my message board.And now my messageboards work again!Woot!
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2005 00:58
The DS is the reminant of the old CEO anyways.
If you notice the new CEO appears to have pushed in favour of alot more mature games, the new console and handheld systems from the new administration are shrouded in so much secrecy it's just ridiculous.

The N64 was never aimed at kids.. and technically speaking neither was the GameCube. The games produced for it in the initial release of the console were. Anyone who actually has the console though will know full well that the reputation it has is comeplete BS now.
So many of the games are aimed at adults, and most of the anticipated games are again adult aimed.

Residen Evil 4
Zelda
etc..

Problem is the market tarred the GameCube with, not just that it was for kids due to the advertised games; but also the technology wasn't as good as the competitors because it was cheaper.
(How f**king retarded do people have to be!! Cheaper doesn't mean it is lower quality or an inferior product.)

but well the GameCube will never really recover from being called the 'Kids' Console, despite quarter of all it's games are 15/18+
It is only Nintendo's very *own* titles that are made for kids.

Revolution however is getting a sharper edge from the get go aparently. Considering Perfect Dark Zero, is the Xenon's flagship game; with Joanna Dark becomming the consoles 'Mascot'.
(find out more on this at the CES Speech on January 5th)

There is going to be alot of competition in this area in terms of a more rougher edged character. Mario is quite cutsie, but it's likely that Link is about to be given a Teenage attitude problem

Megaton Cat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2005 01:01
In my opinion, Nintendo is starting to go somewhat insane. They said that the DS is not to compete against the GBA, but to co-exist with it. I find that stupid since 85% of the ignorant people out there assume the DS is the next in the gameboy line-up. So basiclly Nintendo is such a hand-held market pimp, they released a system to compete against themselves.

-Progress chart
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2005 01:09
Quote: "In my opinion, Nintendo is starting to go somewhat insane. They said that the DS is not to compete against the GBA, but to co-exist with it. I find that stupid since 85% of the ignorant people out there assume the DS is the next in the gameboy line-up. So basiclly Nintendo is such a hand-held market pimp, they released a system to compete against themselves."

heh.. i think it'll be amusing if the Sony PSP comes in 3rd behind the DS, that would just crack me up that Nintendo's only *real* competition is from themselves

Megaton Cat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2005 01:22
That's pretty much it. It\'s known that Nintendo honestly doesn\'t consider the PSP to be of any real problem. Although Nintendo did come up with some garbage over the years (Game and Watch, also 2 dual-screens and Virtual Boy advance, responsible for 60% of today\'s bad eye vision) but they dominated the hand-held market for a decade and they know thier game systems.

Perhaps this long gap of market dominance and lack of any real competitors has blinded Nintendo from seeing Sony as a real issue for the DS.

-Progress chart
Newbie Brogo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2005 01:34
Gameboy is just an evil scheme. Sort of like all those games that come with a million expansions each.
They keep changing some things, and they put it on the shelves, and more buy it.
Didn't they upgrade one to include a light and longer battery once?

Well.. The last gameboy I've had was the gameboy color... It still serves me well... if I played it that is.

Oh well... I guess I'll go play something that works on a computer. (or X Box)

--From your favorite Cat Overlord
Megaton Cat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2005 02:40
Quote: "Didn't they upgrade one to include a light and longer battery once?"

I'm assuming you mean the SP.
And the GBA SP wase'nt just another expansion pack. Alot of people complained about the lack of lighting on the original GBA.

Nintendo didn't release the SP just to make another crapload of preorder and retail money, they released it to please thier fans.

-Progress chart
Newbie Brogo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2005 03:18
And make a crapload of retail money

--From your favorite Cat Overlord
Zone Chicken
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2005 03:24 Edited at: 3rd Jan 2005 03:25
thanks for the link Zero Blitzt i refered you and got web hosting for 100$ for one year and recived 700 points off the bat, i might go for halo 2 limited, making the hosting only 50 a year or if i can get enough refearls, get a ds to make me break even
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2005 04:14
haha, yeah ... personally I don't like my GBA-SP, cause it feels uncomfortable to use; but the brighter, backlit, anti-glare screen REALLY helps a great deal. Also the extended battery time from 10hr to 14hrs was quite nice to (provided your not using the backlight).

The Sony PSP is a threat to the DS, simply because it is a PS2 in your pocket; however this said, the N-Gage has been selling for around the same price as the GBA-SP (atleast near me).. it has a much more powerful CPU & Graphics Chip, more Ram, is capable of much more...

While it is technically superior, the fact you have to take the bleeding back off to change caridges, and the buttons are fiddly.. makes it extremely annoying to use. This also echos with the PSP I'm afriad. While sure it is technically impressive, the problem remains in the design:
- Buttons break easily
- Twisting during gameplay can eject (quite spectacularly too) the disc
- On a good number of occasions, turning it on will mean it just sits there makes the PSP sound but shows nothing before turning itself off again
- 3 HOURS BATTERY TIME!!!

Sony are making a huge loss with it, and they have to shift one hell of alot of units to make thier potencial market large enough for people to use it.
What might actually end up more worrying is that Nintendos' next generation gameboy is making use of the technology that Sony poured alot of money into developing.

High-Quality TFT, Media Discs, etc.. Nintendo have purchased through Panasonic these exact same technologies for thier own purposes. So they get something similar at the fraction of the cost, not to mention added with Nintendo's very own 'sturdy' designs.

Nintendo have dominated the market with ageing technology for almost 2 decades, the original gameboy was simply a NES made Handheld.. Pocket made it smaller.. Colour gave it colour (still the exact same hardware mind you).. Advanced added more power but only a little.
Now there is the Gismondo, PSP, DS, on the market finally Nintendo actually have themselves some competition again, which always helps push technology further. When you dominate often there is no need to really upgrade much past token gestures.

Now Nintendo are really being force to show what they can do. Can't wait to see 3G at E3

Megaton Cat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2005 04:35
I don't see a point for Nintendo to release a new gameboy after the DS. With the DS and PSP already out there, who will buy it? The company will simply confirm that the gameboy series is indeed for young children since it is being sold alongside the DS.

-Progress chart
Megaton Cat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2005 04:47
btw, quick question:

Er...when can I get a DS? No stores have it and I don't want to order on-line.

-Progress chart
Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
Well about GB being for young children, how come there are games like Doom then, and Mortal Kombat, along with adventures like Broken Sword? And I don't consider Breath of Fire and Final Fantasy Kiddy...

Megaton Cat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2005 06:20 Edited at: 3rd Jan 2005 06:22
The system was aimed for kids, not som of the games in particular.

-Progress chart

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 06:27:35
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 06:27:35