Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Discussion / i need advice please!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
hello!
i realy have great ideas but i am afreid form programing, i am not mathematic guy and irealy looking for the easy way to do big things.in my childhood i did some pc programs in comodor64 basic (if you remember this pc) and i had the ability to do prety nice things like piano and data stored and simple animations i wasnt the best programer but i could do things. so now the advice:with my record and with my knowlege will it be easy for me to undrstand the darkbasic? i mean it is realy not too hard?
p.s i have the div game studio and the book that came with the program is realy hard to undertand.
so what do you say guy, shell i go for darkbasic?
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2003 23:11
ok the best place to start to learn the basics again
is www.dbheaven.com

then after that and u have a scope of the language and how the syntax goes, learn all the commands u want to explore in groups over a series of weeks.

Like in one night you could look at all the sound commands
build a mini script to remember what they do and the nuiances they have
then even maybe build a small music program.
Thats getting a bit far ahead of knowing the basics but there just as important to practice.

Eventually u will have a better insight on how to do something in DB.

Its good to have that experience previously as nowadays u can add a lot more but still trying to manage the sizes of things without too much overhead.

You will eventually fall back into the coding mind if u were ok at it before and theres enough maths help support here and media support,u should be fine if u start small then build up.

im ramblin

Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2003 01:41
DarkBasic is VERY easy but effective.

xxxpetratxxx
B. R. W
dodlypikachu
Years of Service
User Offline
well guys...

thanks for the help and i am now use the demo and the help sites and this way i will see if it is easy to me and i will let you know how it is going.
thanks again
pikachu.

Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2003 11:45
Your quite lucky having a strong maths background, cos that's a huge part of 3D game development.

I like the old C64 BASIC, quite tricky to get GFX working, but it had a nice feel to it - I mostly made little text adventures. I had SEUCK for making shoot-em-ups, not many people will remember that, but it rocked!.

Van-B
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2003 11:47
Oops, your not mathematic guy, I thought you were mathematic guy!, what have you done with him!!!.

Nah, I'm sure you'll be surprised how easy it is to put things together in DB .

Van-B
xtom
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2003 13:23
I had seuck too was cool. The only programing experience I had before using DB was with the specy and the c64. And I wasn't even that great with them I just did basic little programs, no games or anyhting like that. But I've managed to learn DB pretty well now so you should be able to pick it up no problem if you stick at it.
dodlypikachu
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks for all the suport friends, after i will try the demo i will go for the full db.
if i will and i know that i will have questions i will ask for your help here.
thanks again
pikachu.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 11:39:51
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 11:39:51