Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / Virtual Insantiy - tis da bomb!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
This game is absolutley fantastic!, awsome game play and the graphics are out of this world ... this to me is what a good Dark Basic game is all about ... why arent there more DB games out there of this quality?!? anyway if you havent seen it yet go to http://www.farfromearthcorp.com and have a blast ... (the author has thrown in a competition to win a copy of the game and a place in the virtual insanity hall of fame ).

Hi to anyone that remembers me from the old forums ... ive been working on my C++ skills but i havent forgotten DB and im always checking out all your latest DB stuff ... theres some real awsome stuff going on you guys, nice one!

Anyway, check out the game its pretty cool and let everyone know what you think, this game deserves some good recognition IMO ... Awsome!

multi
When climbing the ladder of success, dont let the boys look up your dress!
AsylumHunter
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2003 05:49
Hey Multi, thanks for the plug and the nice comments. I guess we all make good games but some of us just have a little more free time (or lack of a life in my case)

The full game is finished BTW so go get it. I'll be doing a feature at some point in the very near future on how I made this particualr game, so stay tuned.

I remember you from the DB forums of old ( a big time poster if I am not mistaken) so have you made anything yourself recently?

- AsylumHunter

still falling out of my binary tree most evenings (hicup!)
multi
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey there AsylumHunter (nice pic ) .... theres good games and theres good games ... there are certainly alot of excellent ideas going on right now and some fantastic coding, but i have to say that some of your stuff is the best ive seen come out of DB ... anyway im gonna stop bigging you up b4 i give you a big fatty ego (i fear it may be a little late) ... ill definatley be downloading the full version and ill certainly be interested in finding out how you did some of those cool effects.

I havent done anything in DB for a while, but i plan on picking up a couple of unfinished DB projects this year as i feel they had/have some potential, one of my new years resolutions was to finish at least 5 unfinished projects from last year .

Awsome stuff Asylum hunter, keep up the good work and please keep us all posted .

multi

Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2003 16:09
hey multi, nice avatar!

xxxpetratxxx
B. R. W
multi
Years of Service
User Offline
Hehehe, why thankyou petrat

Multi

Ps: Did you see Virtual Insanity yet? ... very cool indeed

Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2003 05:52
I agree with Multi well done AsylumHunter! Said it before but the effects are damn cool and its nice and original

* If the apocalypse comes, email me *
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2003 06:00
Assylum hunter am I to understand you worked on (in order of preference ) Street Fighter 2, MDK and XCOM? I loooved all 3 of those, what did you do???? Kudos ++++++++

* If the apocalypse comes, email me *
AsylumHunter
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2003 14:33
Hey Kanga,

I've been doing Cinematics, scenery, fx and animation in games for over 10 years now. Some you have heard of, others lost in time - Some of the many I have worked on include Sacrifice (PC/Mac), Xcom(PC), Wrath(ps2/XBox/Gamecube), Alien Odyssey (PC), Magic & Mayhem 2, (PC), Kelly Slater (ps2), TopShot(ItBox), Shaun Plamer 2 (ps2), Whirl Tour (ps2).

The guy I'm teamed with has worked as a producer on some of the best games on the planet (MDK, Carmageddon, Street Fighter, Sacrifice)

We are doing this in our spare time as a way to let off steam from our day jobs - We just can't get enough

We've got some pretty cool & some pretty wacky stuff coming this way this year.

AsylumHunter
[url]www.FarFromEarthCorp.com[/url]

still falling out of my binary tree most evenings (hicup!)
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2003 16:22
Cool man, I loved Xcom - hey wasn't Kelly Slater that surfing game? My m8 had it and the water and animations were well impressive

Plus tell your friend any1 who worked on Street Fighter 2 is my GOD and MDK1 is one of the most under-rated but amazing games ever - I loved it

multi
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey there Asylum Hunter, the fact that FX is exactly what you do explains why Virtual Insanity looks so good

I bet you've had tonnes of feedback and downloads so far!

Looking forward to seeing the cool and wacky stuff

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 18:49:03
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 18:49:03