Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Website to sell your DB games

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2004 01:13
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, if not MODS. move it and let me know where it is.

I,m interested in setting up a website where DB users can sell the games they make. I know a lot of you have sites and sell from your own sites, this would be another outlet for your products. I would like to make a little on this also, example if you want $20.00 I would sell for $25.00 keep $5.00 and send you $20.00 or something along those lines. I will work this out when I get to that point. This is just an idea now and still in the planning stage

I will also have on this site a free section if you don't want to sell your product. I also want 3D models, textures, tutorials etc... I will also have products such as video cards, sound cards cameras ,software and what ever else I can get related to the game programming, programming, 3D and video community. I'm hooked up with a couple of ditributors where I can get products.

I would like to have a forum on the site and some really good DB tutorials, not the ones that are already out there but some fresh new ones. If anyone would like to do some tuts. I can't pay you for them but I can give you big kudos and credit for doing them.

This site would have a lot to do with DB but I also want to have C++, VB, Ligktwave, SMax, Milkshape, Canvas stuff or any other programs you work in.

I see this as a one stop shop for people interested in this field of graphics, programming, game programming, video photg. etc... to pick up low cost and free products, games, information, tuts.

I can do all my own web design and programming but any input products,tuts. advice any one wishes to offer will be welcome
Dragonslayer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2004 08:08
Anyone!!! anything!!! I have this up in DBP discussion also
Mx5 kris
Years of Service
User Offline
yes. Good Idea. What about options? Like can the dev give specific orders on the game? like in the other post you said a vb and db section, what if the dev doesnt want to disclose that type of thing? Will you allow that, or what? What about shipping? would you be willing to produce cds, and then sell them as a boxed edition for more money?

I am a person with the intelligence of a google bot.
TravisP
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2004 08:46
Quote: "I have this up in DBP discussion also"

I dont no about you, but i call that spamming.

Note: The above I didn't say, your just crazy.
Dragonslayer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2004 08:57
mx5 Kris
yes I would be up for that and if a developer does not want to disclose what he or she created the product in then it would go into a general section.

Travis p
If you are trying to find fault with me or my project please don't waste my time posting in my thread. I was told by a mod. to post here just in case that was not the proper place to post. If you call that spamming fine but I dont think so, so if you have a problem go to the DBP discussion look up the post see which MOD. it was and take it up with him!!!
Aoneweb
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2004 09:26
Good idea, but, If I had a game on my web site for $20 and on yours for $25 I would imagine that someone would get P@*st off that they may of paid $5 dollars more for the same product, lot's of angry e-mail.
How about this, if you are promoting the product and maybe taking payment then ask for commission for your hard work, also make sure the price on your web site is the same as the author's web site.
Hope this helps.

Toshiba Sattelite, 2GHz,Nvidia GeForce4 420go, Windows XP Home. www.aoneweb.com
Dragonslayer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2004 11:07
I have thought about that and I'm still trying to work that out. I don't really want to charge to put a game on the site. If you want $20.00 then thats what you should get. I could do like pay pal or ebay and take a 2 or 3% as a sales fee everytime one sells and then pay the developer the rest. Like I said I'm still thinking on it!

If I start doing really well in other areas of the site I may just stop that. I do have to make something to offset my time and work and the cost to keep the site up and running, and I will be doing this as a business not just a sideline but hopefully a full time thing in the future!!!
Manticore Night
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2004 11:12
Good idea if we could just link from our site to your page, I'd even pay a small ammount for that, but keep in mind, I'm SUPER cheap.

It's amazing how much TV has raised us. (Bart Simpson)
Dragonslayer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2004 14:43
That may also be a good option and I would not charge for that all I would want is you to post a link to me. Selling games for you guys to make a few bucks is not my goal. I want a popular site that you know if you put a game there you will get some sales. My main source of income from this site would be hardware and software packages
Gen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2004 17:03
Quote: "I would like to make a little on this also, example if you want $20.00 I would sell for $25.00 keep $5.00 and send you $20.00 or something along those lines."

Quote: "If I had a game on my web site for $20 and on yours for $25 I would imagine that someone would get P@*st off that they may of paid $5 dollars more for the same product"

@ Dragonslayer
Why don't you keep a percent of sold game... just another thought.

Soon to come... Dark IDE
New IDE for DarkBASIC Pro!
Steele
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2004 03:07
As I said in the other forum I'm all for it.

My thoughts are as follows: Let's assume that I advertise my game for $19.95 (it will be cheaper trust me, but for the sake of discussion) I'd like for it to be sold at that price consistantly (unless some sale is promoted obviously). NGC has a site where they will sell it and make 40% and the profit for me would be 60%. If you were to make a strict $5.00 from every sale, I'd still want it to be the same price. I'd like to be fair to the consumer so NGC would get about $8 or $9, you would get $5, and I'd get whatever was left over so that the consumer gets a fair shake all the way around.

Steele

-- I straddle the line between genius and insanity. Guess which side I am on now? --
Jeku
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2004 03:16
But what's the benefit of selling through your site when most of us have our own? I'd have to see successful search engine results before it would be worth my while to place products on another site.

--[GameBasic - Coming Soon]-- ^^^ banner generously designed by TheBigBabou
Dragonslayer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2004 04:48
Its just another outlet for your product. When and if I ever have a game to sell I will want it anywhere and everywhere it will get sold and get exposure.

Even if you can get your game on someones site just as a wirte up or review that gets you more exposure which leads to more sales, as long the reviews are good ones.

The percentage option is looking to be the fairest to everyone involved and I'm not looking for 40% you people wrote these programs not me so why should I get almost 1/2 of your sale. somewhere between 10 to 25% would work!
blanky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2004 05:42
People will be *LOADS* more interested in this when you're up the search engine listings... I think that'll be the main challenge, 'cuz when you're popular, people'll come 2 u with their games, rather than vice versa...

Good luck with your shop

Jeku
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2004 06:18
OK, let's see your site before any commitments are made If this will be professional and not scream amateur, I might give it a try. I would want to see how many unique hits your site gets daily first, and how your site ranks on the search engines. Another thing you'd need is a proper merchant account-- i.e. NOT Paypal -- to handle credit card transactions. I don't have much of a hard time getting my products noticed, so someone like me would really have to be sold on the idea :p

--[GameBasic - Coming Soon]-- ^^^ banner generously designed by TheBigBabou

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 02:35:40
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 02:35:40