Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / So Whats New Guys?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hiya everyone, i havent been around for a while i used to post on the old forum but left DB behind for a while to bump up on other aspects of my programming,
But i like to pop in on you DBers from time to time to see whats happening in the community ...

Maybe someone would be so kind as to fill me in on all the hot new DB releases in the last few months?

I recently visited www.farfromearthcorp.com and downloaded Virtual Insanity ... i have to say this game is fantastic im so very impressed with some of the recent DB stuff!

So what else is new? anyone care to fill me in please?

multi
When climbing the ladder of success, dont let the boys look up your dress!
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2003 04:46
ok let me see

Guy S had a terrible time in florida and got robbed.
D akuma learnt that usb cabling isnt the best compared to ethernet.

Mouse grew an extra foot, but he wont say where.

Tdboy fell in an out of love about 300 times since u last visited

Mike can now kick lees as at mario sunshine and Rick is getting better he will soon be able to keep up.

Rich swilled too many beers over xmas, hes been seen leaving the same rehab as some other prominent actors.

Simples computer decided to hibernate at the most inappropiate time.

Veg survived another round of flames with relative ease.

Cyberluke found 5 bugs in the cls command

Pincho discovers BSPs.

TDKman itches to make matedit pro

Kevin Picone pays Kohai in Koala skins to make his site.

A few teams are formed but some users forget to keep going.

Titan decides that kungfu ballet isnt working out with his latest class

yarbles joins the mounties

multi
Years of Service
User Offline
Hehehe, Wow sounds like its been very eventful i missed so much while i was away didnt i?! ... and to think i almost didnt ask what had been happening here

I have a few guesses as to where mouses extra foot grew

How about yourself Indi ... what have you been up to? any new releases cool demos etc?

(btw are you serious about there being 5 bugs in the cls command? how the heck would someone stumble accross those?!?)

indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2003 08:30
hehe the only real one is Poor Guys Got robbed.
I was jesting over peoples personalities

I started a world editor for DT and have just completed the shell so each object is loaded into the editor and can be saved with position and rotation.

The next part is the matrix moulding and then I have reshape the prototype to suit the new features in the editor.

after that we should see ipak with a map ready to add in.

Its been a long time since DT had media but its not far away now.

The editor was a big hurdle to get past before I was happy with the engine requirements before adding the eye candy.

Had to do real work for a while.
www.crighton.com.au
was the last job,its still going slightly.

Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2003 10:25
Hi Multi,

Hows things with you?, tell us what your working on, hows developments with those cool characters featured on the mojomagic website?

It's ok if your using blitz, we'll forgive you .

Van-B
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2003 20:41
Hey dude. Most important development is I joined the forums! Not a NooB tho been programming 15 out of my 21 years

* If the apocalypse comes, email me *
multi
Years of Service
User Offline
Wow Indi congrats on being "almost done" ... I know how hard those fundamental features can be to implement just the way you want them to (sounds like youre a very meticulous coder), and i have to say i think adding the "eye candy" is the fun part.

Good luck on finishing that Indi, looking forward to seeing the results

ps: I had no idea you knew flash ... Cool, nice job .

Hey there Van B,
I think you may be confusing me with Tracy perhaps but thats ok ill let you off, she was/is a good artist .
Working on two C++ games right now using OpenGL and an Engine with a friend of mine using C and DirectX (im writing support for the sound :s ) anyway nothing major since my last visit but then again working with C or C++ is slow ... im thinking of extending my programming knowledge toward Javascript and flash this year as i have a little knowledge of flash and would actualy really like to get some web games and scripts up, but thats all for the future ... how about you? what have you been up to?

Ps: No blitz for me thankyou, its not worthy!

Hiya Kangaroo, its very nice to meet you ... youve been programming for a long time ... are you familiar with any other languages/ API's?

Multi

Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2003 10:10
Hehe, Sorry Multi - I was sleeping while I wrote that , gotta start waiting til after breakfast before I start posting. It's nice to hear your developing your skills further, any chance of some screenshots of your C++ stuff?.

I've been keeping busy with a big project in conjunction with Simple. Just released our first product, VSD-Tracker, a DB specific sound tracker system. Other than that it's been business as usual, mostly just getting more familiar with DBPro at the moment.

Van-B
InSiDeR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2003 11:03
HEY HEY! multi's back,
great to hear from ya... it has truly been too long almost...half a year!!!!

...then again ive been locked in my study for quite a while... working on my newly released db website, its in its second year now... im so proud, well it officially turns 2 tomorrow, im getting a cake and everything, ahhh what a day it will be..

jsut for future reference its www.darkbasicplanet.com thats DARKBASIC PLANET DOT COM, heh heh

Is your stay going to be for good?
i promise i wont think up a poem if you stay

....ahhh what a wonderful day it is, the return of multi...

catcha later

InSiDeR
Visit the NEW DBPlanet, Click Here
"...Yay i got one strap loose..."
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2003 11:09
thanks multi good to see you back

Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2003 18:13
Hey multi - Umm I started off in looooads of versions of Basic, then moded to Machine code on Spectrums and Commodores. Did some Amos work on Amiga then on PC I've learned in order Qbasic, Java, Delphi, Pascal, C++, html, xml, Javascript

However I never managed to get satifactory 3Dimensional results for games in a raw language, so I moved to initially Modding DOOM, then DiV (Mode 7) then Dark Basic 1 (from the start ) and now DBPro

* If the apocalypse comes, email me *
David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2003 22:17
Wow! DBS have a Gamecube? That was a very good description of the past few months, well done

Merry Christmas to all Apollo members!
Visit [url]www.lightning-systems.co.uk[/url] :: [url]www.realgametools.net/forums[/url]
multi
Years of Service
User Offline
Hiya Van B, ill definitely be posting some screenies of my latest project as soon as i drop in some decent artwork .
Where can i find VSD-Tracker? ... it sounds very interesting.

Hi there Insider, LTNS!
I couldn't get on your website for some reason, but congrats on its second birthday (i hope you didn't eat the cake all to yourself)
I definitely plan on popping in a lot more in the next few weeks (as the schedule allows) its always great to see how ppl are doing
Chat to you later, good to see you're still here.

Indi, its great to see you're still around

Wow Kangaroo, you really are an old timer aren't you .... yeah finding a good 3D engine that's nice to work with and isn't too convoluted isn't easy either, I haven't had chance to work with DBPro yet but judging by some of the things ive seen come out of it, im sure its up there amongst the best
Sounds like youve been very faithful to DB

Take care.
Multi

Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2003 13:04
Thanks Its funny how I can be a
n old timer at 21, but I am probably one of the most experienced here (Notice I didn't say 'best' cos that wouldn't b true ) Weirder tho how I can b 21 and married with two kids! Oh well guess I'm ahead of my time

Yes DBPro is an amazing engine - I kinda feel privalidged to have worked with Dark Basic So long - I've seen it progress and grow up into something truely worth using

MushroomHead
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2003 13:26
She's back? I should check these boards frequently ... wb

- Rav.
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2003 14:33
Cool Multi, looking forward to seeing them .

There's a huge post about VSD Tracker here:
http://www.darkbasicpro.com/apollo/view.php?t=3947&b=5

Thanks to Kangaroo for the 1 reply LOL!. I find it strange how I got a better response on the German forum!. Monos has it now, so hopefully he'll include a song in a tech demo.

V1.01 will be out soon (hopefully this week), with in-depth help system, tooltips, and a lot of bug fixes, plus a few new features to make life easier.

Van-B
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2003 16:57
No problem man I thought it was a cool project! Oh well people on this board don't seem to reply much to new beta post at the moment

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-08 03:34:21
Your offset time is: 2024-09-08 03:34:21