Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / World War 3 - duck & cover.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2004 00:04 Edited at: 27th Nov 2004 00:05
I think WW3 is almost upon us.

Worst case scenario:
Iraq resistance goes quiet for a while, needing to re-group and re-orginize after loosing thier base in Falujah.
Iran continues to enrich uranium, eventualy leading America to conclude that the only option is militiary intervention.
Meanwhile the opposition party in Ukraine grow stronger - militiary may join the opposition party. Russia, who need a pro Moscow government to gaurantee oil, gas, militiary co-operation (especialy naval) gives Ukraine government its backing and announce that any western intevention is unacceptable. Washington gives the Ukraine opposition its backing and announces that intervention from Moscow is unacceptable.
Israel carries out pre-emtive airstrikes angainst Iranian nuclear facilities. Iran retaliates with it's long range missiles(conventional warheads). Inteligence shows that Iranian neclear program was not destroyed and they may be close to making a bomb. Things seem under control in Iraq now so USA invade Iran to ensure complete destruction of Iranian nuclear program (to the Arab world it seems America is only invading Iran to help Israel).
Iraq resistance (now re-grouped, re-organized and facing a much smaller US force) gets stronger and takes complete control of various Sunni Arab cities. Iraqs majority sh'ite(sp??) totaly oppose the invasion of Iran (although the Iraq government back it) - Sistani declares a Jihad against invaders, sh'ite & sunni unite in a single goal which leaves 200,000 American troops slap bang in the centre of a War facing an enemy number at least 1 million to the west(Iraq) and at least 1 million to the east(Iran). They pull troops from anywhere they can (Afghanistan, Korea) and instigate a draft back at home.
North Korea realise this is the best opportunity they'll get to re-uinte Korea under a communist flag, so they invade Soth Korea. China has the same idea and invade Taiwan.
Moscow intervenes in Ukraine.
Now Europe & Australia realise that although they don't agree with American aggresive foriegn policy that they can't sit on the fence while the world burns, so (knowing which side thier bread is buttered on) they join America to help fight on the many fronts opening up (a draft also seems likely).
Egypt, Syria, Saudi Arabia & Israel probably gonna join in the ruck. Possibly Pakistan and India migght nuke each other too.

Best Case scenario:
A big meteor hits us and saves us the trouble of blowing each other up.

Just thought I'd chear you all up

The word "Gullible" cannot be found in any English Dictionary.
EddieB
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2004 00:21
Yeh you have sure done that.

Current Project-
PHP Forum
The dude guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2004 03:24
I don't think there will be a WW3... Everyone knows we'll just use our atomic bombs.

Here's my forums www.andrewtamalunas.proboards28.com . Please join!

Mx5 kris
Years of Service
User Offline
lol....if something near that happened, where nuckes where launched, us would join the nuke people and nuke half the friggin planet.

I am a person with the intelligence of a google bot.
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2004 04:51
In the most peaceful world situation ever, total global domination or destruction can be somewhat realistically predicted. Obviously, that doesn't mean it's going to happen .

[center]
"Thanks for the poncho..."
--Bill Clinton
Manticore Night
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2004 04:58
I think Canada will finally finish that bomb we were working on.... I mean that's right..... No I said too much aaarrrrgggg!!!

It's amazing how much TV has raised us. (Bart Simpson)
Mx5 kris
Years of Service
User Offline
United States Nukler launch in 5,4,3,2,1. bombed Canadia!

Manticore Night
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2004 05:14
You have enangered Crétien. Please Jean, they're only dumb Americans, No JEAN, NO!!! *Crétien hits button and realeses hoards of drunk natives from a big cage*. *Bush screams like a girl*

Mx5 kris
Years of Service
User Offline
and we drop the bomb on cretian!

Killswitch
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2004 05:48
Nuclear war CAN NOT HAPPEN. If a country starts a Nuclear war they, along with every body else, will lose. Nuclear war will mean the destruction of both sides, if not the rest of the planet. This is called MAD - Mutually Assured Destruction. This is why nukes are so dangerous in the hands of terrorists, not just because of their power but because they may spark an international conflict.

There will be no WW3 as it's simpley impossible to fight, whoever is on the side of the US will win, as they have enough resources to fight a devistating campagin for years. Hell, the US army has 750,000 RESERVES.

~It's a common mistake to make, the rules of the English langauge do not apply to insanity~
Mx5 kris
Years of Service
User Offline
pretty much.....unless china kicks in.....they have over 1 million people in the army....

TravisP
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2004 06:32
Good thing Global Warming will cancel out a Nuclear Winter.

Note: The above I didn't say, your just crazy.
Neofish
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2004 06:36
Quote: "This is why nukes are so dangerous in the hands of terrorists, not just because of their power but because they may spark an international conflict."

Wrong, it's because we can't retaliate, they have no nation that will be destroyed because of MAD

:: WinXP Pro SP 1 : 2.8 GHz Celeron : 512 MB DIMM RAM : 64 MB Radeon IGP 345M : 40 GB HDD ::
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2004 06:54
Quote: "Good thing Global Warming will cancel out a Nuclear Winter."

Technically speaking global warming to an extent is a planetry change prior to an ice-age. While there is evidence that the past 200years have caused some damage, the actual real damage of our pollution is really more confined to the actual ground level of the planet rather than the environment in general.

The past 20years really have seen this sky rocket though. Then again we only have a predicted 40years of fossil fuels left, so meh! going to have to change sometime soon.

As for WW3 breaking out.. Who cares.
Personally I feel safe in the knowlage that the Star Wars Program was revived, and completed. 98% Success Rate, from any form of Missile Attack, from anywhere on the planet.
Safe knowlage that we only need a single output to be active in order for SWP to be operational, which is out of 20 locations over the UK and US. Further more it is running on British Developed technology, which quite frankly makes me feel safer considering our radar systems are the most advanced in the world.

Further more, the US and UK are the top 2 military powers in the world. Which is top is really anyones guess, US has more troops, UK has better trained troops, US has more Air Presence, UK has more Naval Presence. Considering our two nations governments might be idiots, but idiots that seem to be very close; makes me feel safer knowing, if a new world war broke out ... we're living in the safest nations on the planet.

Problems only seem to arise from internal attacks. It is probably the best way for some other nation to take us down, well placed internal attacks. That said, that's the entire reason for the MI5

Mx5 kris
Years of Service
User Offline
to bad only 4 more years in us..... I dont know about uk....sure bush is a pretty dumb, but not as dumb as kerry would have been. I really like the fact that the uk and us are allies. This brings the to allows our to countries to have greater intelligence of what is going on. Uk intelligence, and Us combined is ok, considering how bad us intelligence is...

OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2004 07:29
If anyone (or thing) starts chucking nuclear weapons around, just get ready to have your shelter invaded by some T-101's...

Walk softly... and carry a big gun...
Mx5 kris
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2004 07:33 Edited at: 27th Nov 2004 07:33
lol
edit: what about T-ca's?

OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2004 07:35 Edited at: 27th Nov 2004 07:41
Na - Too advanced... Got to go through a T-101, T-800, T-1000 and a T-X first...

Walk softly... and carry a big gun...
Mx5 kris
Years of Service
User Offline
...lol....I ll be ready for T-ca's...I know one.........

Major Payn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2004 09:09
If nuclear bomb is going to go off anywhere where I am at, and I know I can't get away, I am going to drive as fast as I can to ground zero, that way I will die in a instant, rather than have my skin slowely bubble and melt off due to radiation.

Guns arnt the problem, people are the problem, shoot all the people and guns arnt a problem anymore.
Neofish
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2004 09:16
Yeah, and what they tell you in the movies is true....

+ If you drive towards it, it means it's gone off (how else would you know where it is) so you would suffer from worse radiation crap

:: WinXP Pro SP 1 : 2.8 GHz Celeron : 512 MB DIMM RAM : 64 MB Radeon IGP 345M : 40 GB HDD ::
Flashing Blade
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2004 09:26
Standing on the lawn of the pentagon might be a nice vaporization spot.

The word "Gullible" cannot be found in any English Dictionary.
Mx5 kris
Years of Service
User Offline
standing on dead kerry's body that you killed also sounds nice....or the opposing english president or whatever you call it...

Manticore Night
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2004 10:55
Or standing on Bush, who's eye's you have just ripped out and is now melting into the big pile of crap he is.

Mx5 kris
Years of Service
User Offline
even better-the place that has a bomb to blow up the surviving world!!

Manticore Night
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2004 10:57
I think I like Bushes remains better.

Mx5 kris
Years of Service
User Offline
good thing we all have opinions.

Major Payn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2004 11:13
China is the sleeping Giant, they have more people than any other country in the world, about what? 2 billion possible soldiers over there?

Guns arnt the problem, people are the problem, shoot all the people and guns arnt a problem anymore.
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2004 11:15
the next big war will be a series of "police actions". they want to keep it under the hood and not call it a war, so that economies and factions can still trade, embargos will rise and transport will become tighter. Its all about duping the masses and the governments know this method has worked before. terrorism is the new control of the simple mind, keeping you sedated with fear. They used to use religion and still do as a form of control, now we have the "T" word being used so much. People will become so used to bombings and things after a while, they will just slip in a huge insurgent every now and then to continue their efforts, aims and objectives.
It will be a war under the hood but no one will ever admit to it.

If no-one gives your an answer to a question you have asked, consider:- Is your question clear.- Did you ask nicely.- Are you showing any effort to solve the problem yourself
Mx5 kris
Years of Service
User Offline
they have a pop. of 1billion. Keep in mind most of their tech is a bit dated. We have hydrogen bombs, they have scuds. We have m16, they have 70-80s rifles. They have 900million soldiers.

Major Payn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2004 11:35
Actually China's technology is not that outdated anymore, because under the Clinton Administration, the US government (I think the threat of North Korea had alot to do with this) gave China some major Technological advancments, encluding several, super computers, used to calculate the trajectories of inter-continintal missles. Not only that, but the American government also allowed chinese officials to view and document our military industries, and take that knowledge back home, to use with their own military. So under the Clinton administration, we can now say that China has very sophisticated technology now.

Ilya
Years of Service
User Offline
If they did bomb US, it would take 1, maybe 2 atomic bombs to blow up all of China. If we did this fast, then thier army wouldn't've spread out.

Quote: "I've seen the word programming and I'm not sure what it means. Anybody please explain?"

Quote: "We shouldn't sacrifice the truth to preserve "balance"."
Mx5 kris
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "it would take 1, maybe 2 atomic bombs to blow up all of China"
With our modern nukes yes, about 15-19 would take out there armed forces.
Quote: "Clinton Administration, the US government (I think the threat of North Korea had alot to do with this)"

lol. No Because clinton was a smf who let everything pass as long as he got a *******!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 02:35:21
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 02:35:21