Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / New Hobbies - Nitro car

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2004 00:16 Edited at: 7th Dec 2004 00:53
EDIT: Incase the post below is missed:

As promised ...

11MB DivX 5 required.

http://www.invisiblechainsaw.com/temp/RevosAtDusk.avi

I bought myself a Traxxas Revo nitromethane powered RC monster truck a few weeks back. That's been taking up most of my weekends these day, and it's a lot more fun than coding. Coding is reserved for week nights after work only.

Curious as to whether anyone else is into RC nitro powered stuff, and what you've got? I'm still having trouble tuning my Revo, so it's sluggish before 2nd gear, and only just about hits 40mph. Having problems with glow plugs and the low speed needle also. Hopefully that'll make sense to anyone else who might be into this stuff.

Anyone? I'll get a video of me doing some crazy stunts tomorrow and get it uploaded.

Baggers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2004 01:11
Heya man, i dont have any RC but yours sounds damn cool whould like to see that video, also wernt you working on some cool racing game a while ago, what happened to that (or am i getting confused again ?)
Baggers
Fallout
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2004 04:38
Hello mate. I was working on a game with a working title Hover Racing ... is that what you were thinking of? Was a really fast sci-fi racer with a physics engine, banked corners, jumps etc? That's still in production, but I switched to a zombie shoot em up project, working title "Kill Them All"
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=42363&b=8

As for the car, I'm off out with my mate tomorrow (he's got one too), so I'll make sure I take my digicam and get some action shots.

Baggers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2004 20:29
Yeah thats the Game ! good to see it wasnt given up as it was coming on pretty well (was a little fiddly to drive but very promising !)
Cool look foreward to d'em dere' piccies
Baggers
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2004 22:06
I used to race them ... had to give up though cause it was costing too much. Wish I could help with the glow-plug problem, but I used a petrol motor.. mainly because I just rigged up my model plane one from my Typhoon ^_^
It was a pig to get started, and the spark plugs blew out quickly.

Also quickly learnt that investing in some metal structs to protect the front wishbone was money well spent

Fallout
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2004 00:42
As promised ...

11MB DivX 5 required.

http://www.invisiblechainsaw.com/temp/RevosAtDusk.avi

Appologese for the cr*ppy quality, but I had to use my Nisis digicam and the light was fading towards the end. Should be getting a crispy digicam for xmas though, I hope.

Filmed in a comedy style.

dark coder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2004 00:48
ive got a traxxas nitro 4 tec , dont use it all that much tho my 1 gallon of fuel went stale and the engine wont start but meh it was fun

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 02:30:30
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 02:30:30