Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / What happened to RGT forums?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
does anyone know what happened to real game tools, i used there forums alot and they helped me a great deal in 3d modelling, 2d...

im pretty sure they closed down but was wondering if anyone knew what really happened.

thanks

mooba!
the_winch
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2004 05:21
http://www.dannywartnaby.co.uk/rgt/

Quote: "this is not a quote"
razorblade
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks

mooba!
David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2004 06:15
GuyS, the guy who ran it, disappeared leaving TGC with a huge backlog and no US supplier.

The majority moved to this forum, while the rest who wouldn't move and preferred the grey colour scheme took up residence at the URL above

Get 15 new commands, all the date / time commands left out of DBPro for free!
DOWNLOAD PLUGINS HERE: http://www.davidtattersall.me.uk/ and select "DarkBasic"
razorblade
Years of Service
User Offline
yeh i seem to remember him leaving...anyone know why???

thanks

mooba!
DrakeX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2004 10:40 Edited at: 28th Nov 2004 10:41
it started with server problems, which took the site down for a few weeks IIRC, and put him in the hole more than $9,000. people were getting angry because he had no way to accept or fulfill orders while the server was down. TGC told several customers to cancel their orders, flagging a fraud alert on Guy's paypal account, leaving him with absolutely no way to accept orders, and thus leaving TGC with a huge backlog and no US supplier. it was having serious effects on his personal life as well, and he just couldn't keep it up anymore, as he never really expected to become the US supplier in the first place. see, there's cause and effect here; Guy didn't just leave for no reason. the man has a black cloud over his head. the last i heard from him was last january, and he wasn't doing too well.

david, it's been so long that i can't really remember, but wasn't there some kind of falling-out between you and RGT, explaining your somewhat callous description of events?

"when it's done" means "we have no idea, we forgot to do that; we were hoping you would all forget we promised <insert exotic promise here>"
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2004 11:57
Quote: "it started with server problems"

Guy learnt the hardway that computers on a standard home electrics system and electrical storms, generally don't mix.

Well anyways, I'm pretty sure those who knew what happened were asked not to reveal any personal details.. hense the 'personal problems' generalisation. That said, the debt was only the tip of the iceberg.. kinda snowballed a few other things.

Nevermind about the past anyway, it is nothing that the users need to consern themselves about. There is the LLRGT forum, has somewhat of a similar feel.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 02:27:16
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 02:27:16