Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Does anyone watch Yu-Yu Hakusho?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2004 13:54
Just wondering if I was the only oneIn case you don't know what the hell it is, it's the best anime of all time (even better then Inuyasha and Cowboy Bebop).
It aired 'bout four years ago on Cartoon Network's adult swim, which pretty much meant you coud watch one episode a week (which sucked).

"I don’t want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying."
---Woody Allen
"I Wanna Rock and roll all night, and party everyday!" --Kiss
Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2004 14:00
I used to watch it. I like RUROUNI KENSHIN better though. And full metal alchemist. Cartoons help you relax after a week of hard work.

Eric T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2004 15:01
I'll take Hellsing (not the Van Helsing, Hellsing has nothing to do with that joke) over Yu Yu anyday. Ghost in the Shell: Stand alone Complex is also an awesome series. New Dominion Tank Police are also some good ones.

Cowboy Bebop was ok the first 1000 times I saw it on TV, not a big deal anymore. Trigun was pretty cool, but its receiving the same "over-played" fate that Bebop got. Escaflowne is a anime that I can't live with out... but yet is getting to that "over-played/talked about" status that it gets on my nerves.

Adult Swim to me is a joke, full of semi-censored anime (Blue Gender got raped... and I mean raped... by Adult Swim). And they play Inuyasha (A very sub par Anime show in my opinion full of story holes and a predictable fights/ plot twists). Hoping that Action Channel gets their hands on GitS:SAC before Adult Swim, i don't like seeing good anime get molested.

Another complaint about Cartoon Network, they play too much of the Crappy Gundam series. The original, 08th MS team, 0080, and wing we're all well and good (and not to raped by the censors). But no, they had to pick up every series and a spin off, ecentually grabbing "Gundam Seed" and "Gundam Z". I also recall them screwing Robotech up. Well, robotech wasn't the best in the first place (and its actually part of the Macross series IIRC, which i like most macross, except "Macross II: Lovers Again", that can go rot in hell).

Patlabor I II and III we're pretty awesome, although III was kind of different in the story style then the other 2, and didn't really focus too much on the Patlabor's.

Tekkaman Blade II, thats one of the first I remember watching, was awesome, but rarely played anymore. And even what they did play wasn't the full thing. So i have to recover that sometime.

Gun Smith Cats, always good, chicks with big guns.

Bubblegum Crisis (all of them), also good, chicks with big armor .

Oh dear, I seem to have gone off on a rant.

You know who I pray to? Joe Pesci. He looks like a guy who can get things done. Joe Pesci doesn't **** around. In fact, Joe Pesci came through on a couple of things that god was having trouble with.
2D Analyst
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Justice League Unlimited!!!!!!!!!! Best ever..I even liked it better than Yu Yu.

eatfishy
Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
Well I watched Yu Yu Hakusho when it was on Adult Swim. But then they ruin it by putting it on Toonami, I still watched it then but I don't have Cartoon Network so I don't have acess to these things and there is no Yu Yu Hakusho on Adult Swim On-Demand. It's a decent showit's a more fantasy style DBZ with less yelling and a more interseting story.

There is only one way to package shaolin: Shaolin Soccer...
andrew11
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2004 04:51
Its good, but FLCL is the best (also was on adult swim)

"All programmers are playwrites and all computers are lousy actors" -Anon
Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
Of course FLCL is teh best!

PiratSS
Years of Service
User Offline
I watch Guike-Huikye
Eric T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2004 06:32
Well i was seriously mistaken... It appears GitS:SAC is on adult swim. I am saddened. <--- The sad smiley... oxymoron

You know who I pray to? Joe Pesci. He looks like a guy who can get things done. Joe Pesci doesn't **** around. In fact, Joe Pesci came through on a couple of things that god was having trouble with.
Preston C
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2004 07:13
Quote: " Its good, but FLCL is the best"

FLCL beats all anime, regardless (I hope they bring it back to Adult Swim soon).

Anyway, I do watch Yu Yu Hakusho...but they screw it up every season, and this season is just way too lame...almost as lame as DB:GT.

Cheers,
Preston

Intel Celeron 1.3 Ghrz | 512 MB Ram | NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 128MB
MS VC++ .Net | Dev-C++ | Wings3D | CharacterFX | Gimp v2.0
Prayne de crabug ahm rinedere be-yogt iglo kes gron
Zero Blitzt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2004 09:07
We all know that Aqua Teen Hunger Force is the best show on Cartoon Network.

Actually, theres Family Guy too. And Futurama.

"And C++ has 2 version Microsoft visual C++ and Bordland C++."
TravisP
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2004 09:40
Yu Yu Hakusho was good for the first season all the new seasons are messed up. Most good anime stop at like 20 episodes(Cowboy Bebop and Trigun)FLCL had only 6 episodes(12 in japan).

PS: Lupin III rules!

Note: The above I didn't say, your just crazy.
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2004 11:36 Edited at: 2nd Dec 2004 11:36

I swear, the government's putting microchips in today's youth disabling humor in relation to anime titles.

Eric T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2004 11:39
Aqua Teen hunger force ain't anime... tis pretty funny. Nor is Justice League unlimited. And if you we're to watch Bubblegum Crisis and Bebop they're titles would explain themselves... but with your hatred of anime

Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2004 11:41
Quote: "And if you we're to watch Bubblegum Crisis and Bebop they're titles would explain themselves"

I hear that if you take enough LSD, the pink elephants explain themselves. Call me close-minded but I remain uninterested

andrew11
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2004 13:16
@Travis P
Im a big fan of FLCL, and Im aware that there are only 6 episodes, and I own the DVD's, but I dont think there are 12 episodes in Japan... unless I didnt hear about them :/ but I really doubt it. There are 3 2 ep DVDs in US, and 6 1 ep DVD's in Japan. Thats all I was aware of

"All programmers are playwrites and all computers are lousy actors" -Anon
FINN MAN
Years of Service
User Offline
do any of you watch zoids? (the fist one not the other two)
Gir
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2004 07:59
Personally im addicted to Naruto, need to see ep 111 (invader Zom goes without saying )

I'm makin' a cake...
TravisP
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2004 08:06 Edited at: 4th Dec 2004 08:07
@ andrew11
Mustve read it wrong .

Note: The above I didn't say, your just crazy.
Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
Zoids... *shudder*. Really that whole battle anime bugs me, it's simply pointless battling that ends up having a really lame story and there isn't really any thing else in it. Now unless you mean Guardian Force and Chaotic Century... Although those weren't all about the battling they still had some pretty lame stories.

The dude guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2004 22:16
I watch Yu-Yu Hakusho but I watch Ruroni Kenshin much, much more.

Here's my forums www.andrewtamalunas.proboards28.com . Please join!

FINN MAN
Years of Service
User Offline
i did mean zoids Chaotic Century, i think it has a good story line.
Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2004 02:42
You stole my avatar..die!

Raven: That said, I DO say 'that said' a lot. 'Nuf said.
Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
Lol.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 02:30:54
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 02:30:54