Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / "Unblur" the graphics display

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
how do I disable the pixel blur effect on a graphics display? I been looking for the command to do it with no luck, please help, Thanx
Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2003 19:15
It's more to do with loading the images than the display itself. When you do "load image" or "get image" specify an additional 1 after the image number (or coordinates if using get image) to tell DBPro to use pixel perfect mapping. It will stop the blur effect you talk about.

Cheers,

Rich

"Gentlemen, we are about to short-circuit the Universe!"
DB Team / Atari ST / DarkForge / Retro Gaming
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2003 21:22
Also make sure your game is running at the same screen resolution as your windows desktop. Otherwise it is stretched in the windowed mode, and fuzzes.

The 1 at the end of loading and image helps but sometimes if I load a 3d image texture this way it displaces depending on the rotation of an object Bug, presumably to b fixed soon(ish)

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2003 04:29
gonna second what KG says here...

in pro look to your project bar to the side and on the resolution settings make sure it IS NOT
'Windowed - FullScreen'

Sorry guys but it is just a truely ugly option, that makes everything seem out of focus.
And is quite annoying as 640x480 Windowed - FullScreen is the standard display option ... because as i have a 1280x960 desktop res, when its stretched it looks absolutly terrible.

And my memory is so poor i forget to change it in the DBpro IDE - hehee

Anata aru kowagaru no watashi!
MrTAToad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2003 13:09
With DX9, you seem to be able to have full screen exclusive with the full speed of windowed mode, which would render all the other options unnecessary.

Good news everyone! I really am THAT good...
http://www.nickk.nildram.co.uk/ for great plug-ins - oh my, yes!
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2003 15:09
Raven, if you look in your DBPro installation folder for Editor\FrontEnd\default.dbpro and edit it using notepad/wordpad, you can edit the settings of your new projects so that fullscreen is the default when you create them.
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2003 03:41
oh... oki thanks IanM

Anata aru kowagaru no watashi!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 07:24:02
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 07:24:02