Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / DDT assignment help

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2004 20:45
Hi,

I got a assignment for my DDT class today. We got to make a peice of paper hold about 400 pounds, which sounds impossible, but it probably can be done or we won't be doing it. Most people here have probably taken this class too, so maybe someone knows how to make a piece of paper hold that much and the best way to design it.

So, any ideas?

See Ya!
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2004 21:44
several things..
(not going to do your homework for you, but i'm curious here)

There must be more to the task than a peice of paper holding 400lbs.. because the only way that is possible is by putting it on the floor and having someone stand on it
(400lbs is roughly the same weight as 3 adverage women!!)

So really more details are needed. I remember doing a similar paper, but we had to design a Bridge using lollypop sticks, and it had to hold 500grams (a small bag of flour/sugar)

Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2004 09:43
fold it over a bunch

"eureka" - Archimedes
Underworld 1020
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2004 20:15
I have the class in like 2min, but we doing the popsticle bridge thing next. Its a machine, I guess that pushes on the object, in this case paper, and next the bridge. I'm guessing that a cylinder would be the best, but I'm not sure.

See Ya!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 02:23:20
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 02:23:20